Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Information security is an integral part of Visa's corporate culture. It is essential to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments, which is why Visa has made it a priority to create top-tier security operations and incident response teams to defend the company against evolving cyber threats. If you would like to join a company where security is truly valued, where you can work with like-minded peers who are passionate about the art & science of cyber defense, and where you can use state of the art tools for maximum impact, then we have a home for you.
Visa is seeking a Sr. Cyber Threat Analyst to join its global Counter Threat Unit. This senior technical position investigates and responds to threats to Visa, our partners and the payment ecosystem. Additionally, this position assists in supporting breach investigations in support of partner organizations. The team is part of a larger organization located across multiple geographic sites that is responsible for the comprehensive cyber defense of Visa and its subsidiaries.
This position will be based in Ashburn, Virginia. Responsibilities:
- Advanced Cyber Analytics - Driving the hunting of threats to both Visa and the larger payment ecosystem.
- Tactical Intel Coordination - Focusing on partnerships and information sharing, support organizations on strategic direction to mitigate threats.
- Adversary Disruption - Leveraging tactical, technical and legal capabilities to eradicate threat.
- Work with law enforcement and business partnerships internationally to investigate cyber crime and threat actors.
- Support the investigation and contribution to large and small scale computer security breaches
- Characterize suspicious binaries and be able identify traits, C2, and develop network and host-based IOCs.
- Identify potential malicious activity from memory dumps, logs, and packet captures
- Collaborate with Business Partners in Risk & Fraud on cases, providing technical investigative capabilities.
- Through review and analysis of cyber threats, provide both internal & external parties key information to respond to threat.
- Interact and assist other investigative teams within Visa on time sensitive, critical investigations.
- Participate as part of a close team of technical specialists on coordinated responses and subsequent remediation of security incidents.
- Analyze intelligence from both Visa's internal threat intelligence data as well as leverage external source for supplemental.
- Provide contextual information to internal Visa's Threat Intelligence team as well as business partners to establish for tactical briefings on threats to the payments ecosystem.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, information science, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of related experience in cybersecurity or computer network defense
- Demonstrated relevant experience as a key member of a threat intel, incident response, malware analysis, or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of malware families and network attack vectors.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, Windows system internals.
- Strong knowledge of web applications and APIs
- Understanding of payment card processing, related fraud and carding techniques
- Scripting, YARA, Snort, RegEx and PCRE experience is desirable.
- Tangible experience combatting crimeware or APT is a distinguishing factor.
- Certifications such as GREM or CISSP a plus, but skill level carries more weight.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.