Sr. Data Analysis Manager
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. As one of the nation’s top 10 banks, we offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we launched as a startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
As a Data Analyst Sr. Manager at Capital One you will leverage analytic and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems.
On any given day you will be challenged to lead three types of work – Innovation, Business Intelligence and Data Management:
• Lead multiple teams and initiatives involving exploration and analysis of data across a variety of data platforms (e.g. Teradata, Hadoop and related tools such as Pig, Hive, Impala, etc)
• Leverage extensive, deep technical knowledge and team leadership skills to drive the development and implementation of data products / capabilities that enable self-service by data consumers
• Keep abreast with industry trends and leverage expertise to influence others’ adoption of new technologies into their respective initiatives
• Define BI data and tool standards, used in data acquisition and preparation, data modeling, metadata management, structured and non-structured queries.
• Define, establish, and execute against strategic data management and business delivery roadmaps, actively managing data risks, issues, and impediments.
• Lead cross-functional teams to ensure data stores and applications adhere to defined data management practices, policies, and procedures
• Degree specialized in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
• Strong desire and experience with data in various forms (data warehouses/SQL, unstructured data environments/PIG,HIVE, Impala)
• Experience leading projects to deliver complex data management solutions; working with internal and external partners
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 5 years of experience leading direct or matrixed data teams
• At least 5 years of experience leading, architecting and delivering critical data and business intelligence initiatives
• Master’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
• 5+ years of experience managing or developing enterprise data management, data governance or data quality programs
• 5+ years leading cross-functional teams of Data Engineers, Scientists, Analysts and other disciplines
• 7+ years delivering data management architectures and strategies as an individual contributor
• 3+ years of experience working with recognized industry data management patterns, methodologies, and techniques (i.e. ISO, PMBOK)
• Possesses data management or tool certifications (CDMP, IDQ Certified, TD Certification, etc)
• 3+ years of experience exploring and delivering data management capabilities with emerging technologies such as the Hadoop stack or via Cloud architectures
• 2+ years of experience developing data management capability roadmaps with NoSQL tools (Mongo, Cassandra, etc. a plus)
• 2+ years of experience working with internal and external auditors and Federal regulators
• 5+ years of experience in process management (Six Sigma , LEAN) and improvement methodologies or 3+ years of experience in Agile practices
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.