Sr. Data Analyst Manager
Senior Manager, Data Analytics
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we were a tiny startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and that little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
Twenty-five years after Capital One was started it’s still led by its founder. Be ready to join a community of the smartest people you’ve ever met, who put the customer first, and want to use their data skills to make a difference.
As a Senior Manager within Enterprise Model Risk, Analytics, and Data (EMRAD), you will partner cross-functionally with teams throughout the company to validate business impacting analytical tools. You will enhance your technical and analytical skills, while also working with leaders to influence business strategies. With a network of hundreds of Data Analysts, Quants, and Data Scientists, challenging projects with an eye on the bottom line and a focus on work/life balance, we’ve created a dynamic environment with plenty of room for you to learn, grow, and realize your full potential.
On a given day you will be:
An ideal candidate will possess strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities in addition to communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. This position will be in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you will be handling multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of experience with professional data analysis
- At least 2 years of experience with open source data technologies
- Master’s Degree or Doctorate in a Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or a related field
- At least 7 years of experience in statistical or econometrics hands-on work
- At least 5 years of experience manipulating and performing analysis with large data sets
- At least 5 years of experience in financial services industry
- At least 5 years of experience in developing statistical or econometric models
- At least 5 years of experience in validating statistical or econometric models
- At least 2 years of experience with data governance
- At least 2 years of experience with predictive analytics
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.