PepsiCo's Global Office of Sustainability is committed to leading the way in providing strategy development, communication & coordination of PepsiCo's sustainability platform. One critical area of focus will be environmental sustainability which includes a focus on greenhouse gas emissions across the value chain, water stewardship, waste and sustainable packaging. This function will focus on supporting the delivery of best practices in these areas across the entire PepsiCo portfolio (and the respective supply chains). It will be essential that this organization builds deep connections and relationships across all PepsiCo functions to ensure that key sustainability processes are incorporated in all phases of the product development and sales cycle. Role Summary:
The Associate Manager, Environmental Sustainability, will be accountable for developing and supporting programs that ensure that PepsiCo meets its environmental sustainability goals while continuing to maintain the desired economic and social value proposition for the business. This role will be accountable for developing and implementing solutions related to the collection, management and strategic utilization of data that help drive delivery of environmental sustainability and performance against PWP 2025 Planet goals.
- Support the integration of environmental sustainability requirements into sector innovation processes (Stage Gate).
- Establish a global database for Life Cycle Assessment results to support and inform product innovation and supply chain decision-making.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Goal Support:
- Utilize LCA data to inform local and global GHG reduction plans.
- Develop protocol for tracking and reporting Scope 3 GHG emissions
- Sustainable Packaging & Waste Goal Support:
- Support program of work to capture/maintain packaging data and integrate it into global sustainability database.
- Maintain global program for the management of Extended Producer Responsibility packaging fees in key markets and in support of a global strategy for PepsiCo specific to EPR legislation.
- Support integration of food waste tracking beyond Direct Operations (i.e., customer returns)
- Sustainable Sourcing Program Goal Support:
- Support the execution and expansion of PepsiCo's Sustainable Sourcing Program for 3rd party suppliers into Franchise bottler operations,
- Water Goal Support:
- Support program to evaluate water footprints and level of water risk in Franchise bottler operations.
- Provide cross-functional project leadership across Global R&D, Operations, Procurement, Global Sustainability, PepsiCo Design Function, Consumer Insights, Sales, Marketing, Legal, and Supply Chain
- Build strong relationships with internal and external partners
Qualifications/Requirements Work Experience:
- Broad knowledge of packaging materials
- Analytical Thinking
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Strong project management skills
- Communication/Presentation skills
- Broad knowledge of Packaging manufacturing processes
- Results driven
- Innovative thinking
Skills & Capabilities:
- 7+ years' experience in data management and analytics, programming and/or IT with specific experience in managing information and reporting in a commercial environment.
- Packaging experience/exposure preferred
- Understanding of procurement/supply chain processes and responsibilities preferred
- This role can virtual for the right candidate
- Highly motivated individual with a passion for sustainability.
- Clear and analytical thinker with the ability to identify process improvement opportunities and visualize "white space" data management and reporting solutions given specific functional requirements.
- Ability to quickly learn (execute and troubleshoot) new software/programs.
- Highly proficient in Excel, including use of advanced functions and programming in Visual Basic. Experience with additional reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Business Objects) is preferred.
- Strong time management skills - ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities and plan
- Very strong communication (spoken and written) skills, which includes the ability to:
- Translate "big data" into meaningful and structured reports relevant to the intended audience (e.g. Sr. Leadership vs an individual farmer)
- Interpret and consolidate feedback on the SFI Code and Questionnaire into well-written, concise and intent-based enhancements
- Switch between layman's and IT vernacular as needed
Not Eligible for Relocation