Are you passionate about analyzing and modeling terabytes of customer data? Do you consider yourself a data guru in developer’s shoes? Does the thought of using data and Insights to predict Office usage fascinate you? Want to be part of a team where the first question is always “what does the data tell us”? If so the Office Extensibility Developer Experience and Analytics team (DxDa) maybe the ideal job you are looking for.
for what our developers can build today. Our team - Developer Experience and Analytics is a growing Agile team tasked with turning our incredibly rich and Big data into strategic assets that will drive business and engineering goals and efforts. Our team is deeply focused on harnessing the business and engagement data to help drive change in our business strategy through data insights. As a member of our team, you will turn this data into actionable insights that will drive feature improvements to the Office Extensibility Platform and its customers (developers and end users). Our vision is to have a balanced team of data science and development skills. If you dream of being able to use data science/applied statistical techniques like: anomaly detection, machine learning/ predictive analytics and experimentation, then you should talk to us. If you are a thought leader in this space and want to play a key role in helping shape our strategy and execute on the same, we would really love to talk to you.
• Help our efforts to improve the way we gather and prepare data for analysis to help make critical business decisions and the KPI’s that matter most across a diversity of problem domains
• Understanding the data generated by experiments, and producing actionable, trustworthy conclusions from them.
• Employ machine learning to detect and correlate problems
• Build models, simulation, scalable and automated analytical systems
• Drive improvements to the product design and architecture, leading to increased customer satisfaction
• Lead and collaborate with experts from across the company to advance data science best practices
• Educate and train others on modern applications of data science techniques
• Learn how to build and sustain engagement from all levels of an organization
• Bachelors or Masters degree in a quantitative field, PhD preferred.
• 5+ years of industry work experience in SQL, R, Python to implement statistical models, machine learning, and analysis (Prediction, Classification, Clustering, time series forecasting, regression models, etc.) in big data environment
• Advanced working knowledge of data mining using SQL, ETL and Data Warehouses
• Experience on large scale computing systems like COSMOS, Hadoop, MapReduce and/or similar systems preferred
• Experience with programming languages like Java, C# is a plus
• Familiarity with deep learning toolkits, e.g. CNTK, TensorFlow, etc. is a plus
• Exceptional written and verbal communication to educate and work with cross functional teams
• Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.