Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Data Engineer
Data and Analytics
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Sr. Data Engineer will implement data-oriented solutions to support cloud-based software development. You will own the technical solutions needed for data ingestion, storage, access, and provisioning to enable large scale software and analytics deployment for our customers. You will be a member of an integrated squad working together to deliver successful outcomes on the GE Predix platform
* Responsible for the requirements, development, testing, and implementation of data engineering solutions, including data modeling, data quality, and semantic/metadata development.
* Maintains data architectural artifacts and ensures that all measures for data quality, data profiling, data governance, ITIL, security and compliance of data are adhered to.
* Works with Product Owners, and Business SME to identify requirements and drive ingestions standards consistent with business processes.
* Perform variety of in-depth data analysis, data modeling, and data design tasks on datasets.
* Responsible for design and development data engineering solutions with experience in data modeling, logical and physical design, and ETL.
* Knowledge of data warehousing principles and processes including data modeling, logical and physical database design, transformation and loading.
* Designs, profiles, develops, and tests data engineering solutions using multiple ETL /MDM tools that move data from disparate source/target systems and the enterprise information repositories.
* Demonstrate proficiency with data modeling concepts and tools (e.g., ERWin, ER Studio, etc.)
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent (STEM) with minimum 2 years of experience as data engineer.
* Hands-on experience using Scripting (Python, Perl, Shell, etc) is required
* Hands on experience working on Database(s) like PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server
* Hands on experience designing data model solutions for various OLTP and OLAP databases.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States full-time
* Must be willing to work in our San Ramon, CA facility full-time
* Must submit application for employment through gecareers.com (or COS if internal) to be considered
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience with the GE Software Center of Excellence Predix platform.
* Lean/Six Sigma Certification.
* Experience working in an Agile software development environment
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels.
* Ideal candidate will also have experience presenting effectively to non-technical and executive audiences.
* Strong analytical skills - strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
* Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed.
* Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.