Sr. Data Engineer (Claims Performance Analytics)
The Group Benefits and Workers Compensation Claims Performance Analytics group is seeking a Senior Data Engineer
to support the technical development needs of Workers Compensation Claims Operational Analytics. The focus will be on enhancing the data and performance analytics capabilities within Claims.
As a member of the Claim Performance Analytics team, this individual will work closely with Claims leadership to identify and develop innovative monitoring metrics necessary to support the Claims operation and business segment partnership. The role will also act as a data consultant by helping the organization enhance current data capabilities and by guiding projects on data related issues. This position combines business and technical skills involving interaction with business customers, research staff, internal and external data suppliers, Information Technology experts, and a wide variety of Hartford personnel at all levels. Responsibilities :
- Development of advanced claim monitoring metrics and leading indicators
for process improvement, which includes becoming the subject matter expert of the data and ownership of metric definitions.
- Provide deep dive analysis into emerging
trends and derive new business insights, explaining results and recommendations to the Claims team and to Senior Claim Leadership.
- Collaboration within the team to support data needs and team members' analytics.
- Creation, development and maintenance of data assets (Oracle) which includes data extraction and delivering business intelligence tools such as MSBI.
- Creation/development of rules that leverage data and analytic scores to create actions for Claim handlers. This will be accomplished by demonstrating a deep understanding of claims data to write sophisticated rules (SQL) and monitor/report on rule performance.
- Data consultation through participation in investment projects, providing guidance from a data perspective and defining business requirements. Qualifications:
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Qualifications :
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in related field required
- Documented track record of creating innovative data solutions; passion for delivering outcomes
- Advanced experience writing SQL scripts, including use of analytic functions and query tuning
- Deep understanding of relational databases and dimensional data models
- Experience and technical ability to transform, manipulate and store data
- Strong analytical skills required to relate data and business processes
- Ability to effectively communicate information regarding availability, quality, and other characteristics of the data to a diverse audience.
- Knowledge of Oracle Exadata is a plus
- Understanding of workflows from transactional data processing systems into data warehouse systems
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships (essential to success for this role) Ability to proactively define and obtain business requirements, analyze source systems and provide business solutions
- Workers Compensation or Group Benefits claims data experience is a strong plus
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
The Sr. Data Engineer can be located remotely anywhere in the US. Travel for this role is less than 10%, usually a couple times per year.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD