At Discover Financial Services you can make an impact. Whether its developing corporate strategy, innovating new services or supporting IT needs, every employee has the opportunity to be a vital part of our business and make a real difference in peoples lives. Its the heart of what we do. Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services.
Wer'e a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service. Our employees have always played a big part in our success. We support, challenge and inspire employees to continually develop their skills, advance their career and help grow our business.
Discover Financial Services is seeking Sr. Data engineer to join our Enterprise Data Management team. Successful candidates will partner with our business partners to understand data need, build data pipelines using latest technologies like NiFi/Kafka and enrich data to generate insights.
We are just getting started with Big Data technologies and these are very exciting times for the Enterprise Data Management team. We are building this platform by challenging the current technology status quo and the traditional approach to Data Warehousing.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about Discover Financial Services data and its mission. Where you can make an impact:
- Drive highly visible projects include translating business and technology requirements into ETL/ELT architecture.
- Design and implement next generation of Big Data solutions
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as Infra Admin, support, DBA and business teams
- Highly productive: Ability to deliver with minimal oversight on a day-to-day basis. This role is intended for somebody who is passionate about data and developing solutions to generate data insights.
- Fierce fast attitude: Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment.
- Multi-tasking and prioritization expertise: Enjoy balancing numerous different priorities and demands.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or professional experience in data movement.
- 7+ years of data engineering experience working with structured and un-structured data.
- Experience in Agile methodologies is a big plus.
- Experience with SQL is a must.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Shell/Python/Scala/Java is a must.
- Well versed with Linux/Unix operating system.
- Prior experience with Banking or Financial domain is a big plus.
- Good understanding of Big Data technology trends, with knowledge of technologies such as NiFi, Kafka, Spark, Hive, Presto.
- Experience with one of the ETL tools Abinitio, Informatica or Data Stage
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau is big plus
Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
#LI-KE We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.