Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
The individual in this position will play a key role in the operationalization and on-going activities of the Finance Data Governance Office by working on data governance related project tasks and providing subject-matter expertise.
Supports Data Governance change and issue management processes, metrics gathering and reporting.
Supports the activities to bring the Finance data domains and critical data elements under governance
- Supports the instantiation of data governance to data domains and critical data elements.
- Supports the development of Data Governance standards and procedures, and other related artifacts and collaborates with Finance stakeholders in ensuring alignment and compliance with them.
- Performs Data Governance reviews to identify gaps and to ensure application of Data Governance requirements.
- Supports efforts to ensure identification of data domains and critical data elements, and data owners, data stewards, etc.
- Works with data stewards to coordinate the creation of data quality controls and monitoring tools.
- Supports the collection and management of CFL components (data glossary, data dictionary, data flows, data lineage, etc.)
- Supports the implementation of relevant Data Governance tools.
- Supports Data Governance Portal maintaining updated content.
- Supports the Data Governance Change and Issue Management processes.
- Supports the gathering of data for metrics reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
- PMP or other industry recognized project/program management certification strongly preferred
- 8+ years of combined experience in Data Governance and in one or more of the following areas: Data Analysis & Reporting, Data Management, Business Analysis, Compliance, Audit, Finance , , or Project Management
- 3+ years in the Financial Services/Insurance industry.
- Experience working within a Finance organization and knowledge of Finance processes and systems.
- Experience in supporting projects involving regulatory reporting and regulatory adherence.
- Technical and customer service management experience.
- Extensive business acumen with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer relationship, communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and to lead meetings, initiatives, and projects.
- Advanced level business writing skills including business requirements, project charters, corporate policies, procedures, and standards along with related training materials.
Up to 25%
Operations - Quality / Process Improvement
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 42061
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.