Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This is a data developer position seeking creative candidates who are keen on developing data solutions and desire to lead data architecture. This position is for developers who would be working on Big Data, Data Warehousing and other leading data technologies. . The candidates must have extensive hands on experience when it comes to project development and should have good exposure to analysis and design phases of projects.The person in this role will be hands-on and will work with cross-functional teams.
- Communicates effectively in a professional manner both written and orally
- Team player with a positive attitude, enthusiasm, initiative, and self-motivation.
- Ability to multi-task, energetic, fast learner & problem solver
- 5+ years' experience in IT developing data solutions
- Hands on experience in SQL databases like Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc. developing and optimizing backend code
- Experience with ELT and ELT tools and processes with a good understanding of pros and cons of the designs
- Good Understanding of J2EE concepts, Data As a Service paradigm, Star Schema, Dimension modelling, OLTP, ACID and data structures is a must
- Experience in financial industry working on financial reporting/regulatory projects is a plus. Domain knowledge of financial industry concepts Securities 101, Capital Markets 101, etc. is desirable.
- Experience working in an Agile team & working knowledge of SDLC processes
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field
Job Opening ID
State Street Job ID: 163924
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.