The Mission of Oracle Labs is straightforward: Identify, explore, and transfer new technologies that have the potential to substantially improve Oracle's business. The Information Retrieval and Machine Learning group (IRML) in Oracle Labs is working to develop, scale and deploy Machine Learning throughout all of Oracle's Products and Services.
We are looking for Senior Data Scientists to join our team in Burlington, Massachusetts to help us solve problems alongside our collaborators in Oracle's product groups. Candidates must have a Master's or higher degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or other quantitative field, with 8-10 years or more experience in the fields of Data Science or Applied Machine Learning.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong statistical data analysis background and a deep understanding of a variety of algorithms and techniques and their applicability to real world problems
- Experience advancing business using science and data. In depth understanding in at least one of the business areas such as retail, finance, sales, e-commerce, or health care
- Thorough understanding of experimental practices, error analysis, and evaluation approaches
- Extensive data cleaning and manipulation experience
- Comfortable with standard machine learning toolkits, preferably Java- or Python-based
- Ability to build solution prototypes in a language such as Python, R, or Java
- Strong communication skills. Experience presenting experimental findings to people who are not Data Scientists or ML experts
- Ability to collaborate with researchers and translate existing research into practical solutions and products
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with various collaborators across the company, and take ownership of data science projects and proof of concepts
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with distributed platforms such as Spark or Hadoop
- Experience working with large scale database schemas and SQL
- Experience using Unix
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- Familiarity with ML as it is applied to text processing tasks such as statistical Natural Language Processing and text classification
- Familiarity with graphical models and deep learning models, including deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Torch, or Theano
You can learn more about the Information Retrieval and Machine Learning group at our project page .Qualifications:
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.