Overview of the Position
The Commercial Pricing Models team is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to support the Commercial Auto line of business. Responsibilities:
- Create new predictive models that improve pricing segmentation and underwriting decisions
- Monitor existing models to provide business insight
- Advance the predictive power of existing scoring models, ensuring quality, accuracy, and integration with the operation of the business from start to finish.
- Partner with the business to ensure alignment between our models and business objectives. Communicate changes, impacts, and next steps while anticipating intuitive questions.
- Drive unnecessary complexity out of the process flow and create algorithms that can be easily updated in the future.
- Supervise and coordinate work between onshore and offshore team.
The position is best suited for an independent thinker who is comfortable driving execution. It requires strong technical/analytical skills, knowledge of predictive modeling, and understanding of property and liability insurance. The individual should possess strong communication and influencing skills, and comfort in building strong working relationships with both non-actuarial and actuarial partners.
Further qualifications include:
- Degree in statistics, actuarial science, economics, or other quantitative analytic field.
- 3 years of insurance experience
- Moderate-to-advanced programming skills in SQL and SAS
- Predictive modeling experience in SAS, EMB, R or other modeling software
- Creative thinker with strong business customer relationship and project management skills
- Strong team player
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD