At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need a Senior Data Scientist who will be a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and results-driven leader, who will work for the post-install operations business groups.
You'll change the world by...
- Partnering with the IT team to architect Vivint Solar's data pipeline
- Populating data marts to facilitate accurate business reporting
- Achieving alignment between departments on the definition of data objects, according to generally-accepted business definitions
- Providing guidance to IT's database administrators on what is needed in the data warehouse and identifying where additional data is needed from source applications
- Developing performance analytics to support O&M prioritization, investor and tax-equity fund reporting, and feedback for the supply chain, design, and installation teams
- Analyzing business processes, identifying current limitations, and proposing improvements
- Scheduling and leading discovery meetings and executive presentations
- Documenting and outlining software development requirements for IT delivery
- Developing, improving upon, and automating the production of key performance metrics
- Executing on large projects with very little guidance and information
You'll do that with your ability to...
- Interface and work effectively with multiple organizations
- Quickly learn complex business processes and how they interconnect
- Think critically and analytically to identify root causes and test hypotheses
- Work with and synthesize large amounts of data into understandable and meaningful reports and presentations
- Present detailed analyses to non-technical team members
- Demonstrate proficiency in financial modeling, financial analysis, and forecasting
- Meet aggressive deadlines as well as hold others accountable to their commitments
- Work autonomously or within a group
You'll know you're ready if you...
- Have advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (10+ years)
- Have a bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline (required), master's or doctorate degree (preferred)
- Have experience in extracting data from and building development requirements for Salesforce
- Have a working knowledge of machine learning, natural language processing, and statistical analysis methods
- Have strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Have an analytical mindset and an ability to see the big picture while persuading others to see the same
- Are detail-oriented, with an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
- Have deep experience in data mining, data analytics, predictive modeling, and advanced modeling techniques
- Have advanced to expert business experience in most-if not all-of the following analytical software applications:
- Microsoft Excel
- C++ (Visual Studio)
- SQL Server & MySQL
- PTC Mathcad
- HTML & Java Script
- Visual Basic
- XML APIs
- Tableau or MicroStrategy (preferred)
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.