In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers' lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company's mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable. Job Location
United States : North Carolina : Charlotte Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable Job Description
Data Scientists in Brighthouse Financial's Data Science organization work closely with cross-functional teams in marketing, distribution, product and other functions, leverage Brighthouse Financial's rich datasets to develop and deliver propensity models and data-driven insights, and ultimately drive Brighthouse Financial's top line growth. A successful candidate will be passionate about finding insights in data and using quantitative analysis to answer complex questions, with a collaborative and resourceful style. Principal Responsibilities:
- Works independently on complex level data gathering, checking, manipulation, and analysis tasks.
- Participates as team member or may be in charge of leading on research, data mining, predictive modeling, and/or business analytics projects.
- Leads medium to large sized research, data mining, predictive modeling, and/or business analytics project teams.
- Builds or manages advanced level statistical and data mining models.
- Handles and resolves questions and issues referred by junior staff.
- Addresses ad-hoc analysis and other duties as required or assigned
- 6+ years of experience
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, creative and nimble problem solver who uses technical data analytics skills and a willingness to go above and beyond to deliver business value quickly
- Strong working knowledge of insurance industry
- Strong working knowledge with statistical modeling tools and simulation software such as SAS/SPSS/R
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain complicated quantitative concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to translate business requirements into detailed analysis plans. Ability to prioritize requests to meet the most important and urgent business needs
- Able to work in a matrix management environment
- Focuses on customers
- Master's degree in quantitative discipline (i.e., mathematics, statistics, economics, finance) and at least 2 years of related work experience Or
- Bachelor's degree in the above fields and at least 4 years of related work experience
Minimal Business Category
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 11M