Senior Data Scientist
Grainger has a major and growing presence in e-commerce with one of the top B2B web sites in the world.
- Grainger.com surpassed $3 billion in e-commerce sales in 2014, and grew to $4 billion in 2015
- Grainger E-commerce accounts for 41% total U.S. sales and nearly all of Grainger's annual sales growth
- Named B2B E-commerce Player of the Year 2015
We are looking for candidates with analytical and programming background, with applied Data Science experience, curiosity, and an interest in Big Data technology. We are working in the areas of NLP, Text Mining, Deep Learning, Recommendation Systems and Computer Vision to solve business problems and build cool data products for our customers and internal stakeholders. Our Data Science Projects require research, design, testing, optimization and implementation using Agile methodologies.
- A graduate degree in computer science, engineering, applied mathematics or an equivalent quantitative domain.
- 1-2+ year hands-on software engineering and Data Science experience.
- 1-2+ year experience working from data prep, modeling and feature engineering all the way through to deployment.
- Develop algorithms and predictive models to derive insights and business value from data.
- Test and validate algorithms and models using Machine Learning, Deep Learning and other modern techniques/methodologies.
- Demonstrable proficiency in coding (Python, R, Java, Scala, C++), programming concepts, IDEs and big data frameworks (Spark, Hadoop).
- Knowledge of several Data Science and ML/DL libraries or tools (Spark MLlib, ML pipelines, Scikit-learn, H2O, Keras, Tensorflow etc...)
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, positive attitude and passion to build.
- Willingness to learn and research new concepts and share findings with the team.
- Take a iterative approach to develop data science solutions. Build, test, improve.
- Biased toward action, great collaborator and master simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Strong product mindset - you ask and tackle the most important analytical questions with a view on driving product impact for the business.
- Explore data sets and identify data transformations and data quality needs for targeted applications.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.