Join the Oracle Data Cloud!
Sr. Data Scientist
The Oracle Data Cloud is on the cutting edge in development of targeting methodologies for digital and offline advertising. The biggest advertisers and social media platforms in the world use these methods to help better understand and plan their advertising strategies.
We are looking for a computer scientist who is willing to focus on the architecture and software design load on a Data Science team. Previous data science experience is not expected, but a willingness to learn would provide success! As a Senior Data Scientist (Data Scientist III) on the audience research team you'll be implementing the engineering architecture underling cutting edge machine learning and high performance computing methodologies at terabyte and beyond scale. This includes collaborating with data scientists and applying robust software architectural decision-making skills to optimize performance and accuracy of first-in-industry techniques to target media campaigns.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Providing thought leadership in the implementation of engineering solutions
* Communicating with data scientists and statisticians
* Researching and implementing the newest big data technologies to create solutions at scale
* Identifying opportunities for improvement within existing software applications and frameworks
* Acting as a source of knowledge and mentorship for non-engineering background data scientists
* Being agile in a non-agile software development environment: setting your own deadlines and providing project status updates when necessary
Here's a summary of the various skills that could provide success in this position:
* 2 years experience in software development with a computer science bachelors degree or 1 years experience with an advanced degree
* Experience with big data tools (Spark, Hive, Hadoop, etc.)
* Experience with cloud infrastructures (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
* Fluency with one or more high level programming languages (Python, Scala, Julia)
* Experience with C or Java
* Deep understanding of computer science: Data structures and algorithmic complexity theory are the first things you think of when designing an algorithm
* Ability to hack a solution together quickly and improve it later
* Experience with standard software development practices including object oriented programming, functional programming, test based design
* Linux pro with no fear of administering your own machines
* Fan of not inventing the wheel by utilizing and improving open source solutions to complex problems
* Exceptional problem solving skills with unrelenting focus on business implications
Westminster, CO, US
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse "big data" sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.