The Oracle Data Cloud is an industry leader in connecting online and offline data to execute and measure the effectiveness of marketing initiatives. To enable these insights, the ODC relies on the power of the Oracle Identity Graph to connect thousands of disparate data sources to create comprehensive and accurate anonymized profiles across the numerous ID spaces where marketers are trying to reach consumers. These ID spaces include, but are not limited to, email, mobile phones, tablets, computers, TVs and postal address. Creating these anonymized profiles in a privacy safe and accurate manner is foundational to building targeting audiences at scale as well as detecting a clear signal when measuring the effectiveness of any campaign.
The ODC ID Graph is made possible because of a lot of data and a lot of data science. As a Senior Data Scientist, within the Identity Data Science (iDS) Research & Development team, you'll be involved in developing a best-in-class ID Graph that fuels the ODC. You will aide in deep exploratory data analysis to understand the quality of ID Graph data as well as develop new machine learning algorithms to connect the data and evaluate accuracy of the links. While all projects start as proof of concepts, ultimately, you will also work with engineers to implement your solutions into production. You will be asked to collaborate with engineers, researchers, product leads and business development to deeply understand the data in the ecosystem, how it is collected, and the power of the data to inform the ID Graph and ODC Data Science products. Also, you will help educate the broader business on how to think about and interact with the ID Graph for their applications.
Primary responsibilities as an individual contributor include:
* Writing prototype code in Python, Scala, Hive, and Spark to understand and improve our understanding of the ID Graph as a whole
* Researching and implementing hybrid probabilistic-graph algorithms on massive amounts of data
* Independently optimizing and tweaking code and the cloud environment
* Identifying opportunities for improvement in data cleansing, manipulating, and processing within existing software applications and frameworks
* Understanding the business asks and requirements for the Identity Graph then provide thought-leadership in the implementation of analytical solutions
* Collaborating with other team members and data scientists to brainstorm solutions
* Collaborating with engineers to build scaled and supported ID Graph products
* Communicating effectively across teams to explain the solutions put in place and the implications on the business
Skills and qualifications:
We are looking for a qualified candidate who will be energized by the dynamics of an entrepreneurial work environment. If you thrive on change, run with new challenges, and you're interested in what you've read so far, you have the qualities we're looking for in a candidate. Here's a summary of the skills that will provide success in this position:
* 3 years of experience in a field related to data science or MS in statistics, computer science, or other data science field
* Experience working with big data tools (Spark, Hive, Hadoop, etc.)
* Experience with cloud infrastructures (Amazon Web Services)
* Experience with one or more programming languages (Python, Scala, etc.)
* Experience in digital ad-tech a plus
* Comfortable working in Linux environments
* Comfortable working as part data scientist and part computer scientist / data engineer
* Comfortable working independently to optimize code and cloud environments to complete analyses
* Exceptional problem solving skills with unrelenting focus on practical business implications
* Self-sufficient in ability to take a problem and answer the question at hand as well as take it three steps further
* The desire to continually learn and test your own boundaries
* Interest in mentoring data scientists and desire to act as a mentor to up and coming data scientists is a plus
* Collaborative, positive attitude with desire to work in a demanding, fast-paced, and dynamic work environment
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse "big data" sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.