One of our top clients is seeking a Senior Data Security Engineer to join the Office of Information Security, reporting to the Director of Security Engineering and Innovation. The Senior Data Security Engineer will lead and implement an enterprise strategy on data security, and will partner with various technical teams to ensure this strategy is carried out. The Senior Data Security Engineer will also work closely with other security staff and represent the interests of the broader Information Security team to the rest of the enterprise.
1) Significant experience as hands on data security engineer (not just a policy person)
- potential tools might include IBM Guardium, Imperva SecureSphere, Oracle OEM
2) Previous experience implementing solutions for data protection concepts like encryption, archival, rights management, data masking, etc
3) Continuous awareness of relevant industry trends (like GDPR) and a proven interest in learning.
4) Communication and collaboration skills are a must. This person will work across a variety of groups (engineers, operations teams, leadership) to help them update/create/adopt data security best practices into their daily activity. That will require lots of analysis/evaluation - thought process is more important than correct answer.
Ideally this resource will have a CISSP type certification
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.