Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Sr. Demand Planner, to be located in Los Angeles, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Sr. Demand Planner utilizes demand planning tools and works closely with Marketing, Supply and Sales, as well as external customers, to optimize supply chain performance for assigned brands/franchise through demand forecasting and demand management.
The Sr. Demand Planner will be responsible for:
• Seeking, analyzing and integrating information from all areas of the organization relative to creating an accurate understanding of demand (including internal and external sources such as Collaborative Planning Forecasting Replenishment (CPFR) insights). Responsible for managing statistical models and demand events in SAP/APO
• Monitoring accuracy of previous forecasts and take action to improve performance through the use of MAPE and Bias metrics
• Working with sales, marketing and trade promotions (sales) to understand promotional calendars/programs and their impact to the demand plan. Manage promotional events in the planning system. Work with supply side to assess ability to support new promotions and provide direction for prioritization needs
• Interacting with sales, marketing, and project managers to assist with forecasting new product launches
• Acting as demand side lead and add value by integrating forecast data and demand metrics. Provide analyses and solutions for balancing demand and supply, while achieving company objectives for customer service, inventory and gross profit
• Developing and leading best practices for the demand planning team to deliver business results. Represent demand side in process improvement projects
• Achieving brand/franchise customer service, inventory metrics (dollars/DOS), and Slow Moving and Obsolete (SLOB) inventory in partnership with supply planners
• Collaborating with cross-functional partners including Internal and External Manufacturing Operations, Customer Service, Finance, Quality, Sales and Marketing to resolve issues impacting their areas of responsibility
• Leading Special Projects to improve forecast accuracy, inventory reductions, transit time, product site relocations, planning process improvements, and upstream supply chain improvements in compliance with the Company policies and proceduresQualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
• A focused degree in engineering, supply chain or Operations is preferred
• A minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience is required
• A minimum of one (1) year of experience in one of the following areas: planning, forecasting, distribution, purchasing, plant operations and/or supply chain is preferred
• APICS, CSCP, CPIM, CPF certifications are preferred
• Knowledge of SAP or other similar ERP system is required
• Demonstrated experience in making data driven decisions to influence cross functional partners is required
• Ability to create V-Lookups and Pivot Tables in MS Excel is required
• Position is located in Los Angeles, CA
• Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 10% of the timePrimary Location
United States-California-Los AngelesOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.