Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Bridgewater
The Senior Product Consultant is responsible for oversight on multiple Dental Product initiatives and driving execution on strategies for all Dental HMO and PPO products. In this position, the associate must possess a thorough knowledge of Dental Products, including PPO & DHMO offerings, the impacts of Health Care Reform and understands the product features and the administrative capabilities necessary to drive results.
In addition, the Senior Product Consultant will work with Small, Regional & National market leaders to monitor key metrics, identify strategies that support the overall dental product success while maintaining cost effective portfolio management practices. Understanding the impact of actions on financial performance of the dental lines will help optimize growth and financial performance.
The Dental Product Development team supports the strategic objectives of the Group Benefits Senior Leadership team. This team is responsible for ensuring that MetLife sales associates have the products to meet closing ratio, earnings, and persistency targets.
- Design and develop new products and/or enhance features of existing products and services to provide a competitive advantage for our Market Segments.
- Counsel, influence and support Group Benefit partners on initiatives proposed to drive long term profitable growth
- Monitor, influence and support implementation of controls to comply with emerging regulatory themes and environmental risks
- Achieve revenue and earnings objectives for Group Benefits.
- Management oversight of several Dental Product initiatives. Responsible for partnering with each initiative owner to ensure that each project is delivered on time and on budget.
- Management and oversight of the Dental PPO, DHMO and Health Care Reform offerings.
- In addition to using externally available market research data, may commission original market research internally within the organization.
- Maintain and manage product PPO, DHMO & Health Care Reform offerings including cross-functional relationships.
- Represent Dental as a Subject Matter Expert. This includes providing functional and technical support to Market Strategy Leads, Product Directors, Finance, Sales and Service, Contracts, Marketing, IT and Underwriting units.
- Provide support for VP of Supplemental Health Product Development as it relates to strategy, planning and periodic business reviews.
- Significant Contributor to the Group Benefits planning process to ensure the timely delivery of successful products designed to meet the market needs of the field (annual planning processes for US/Group Benefits)
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Ability to manage individuals on a project basis, allocate resources, and monitor performance
- Excellent project management skills to oversee a large array of different initiatives
- Expertise in the product development process, product management process, marketing process, service process, and sales process.
- Ability to represent MetLife Dental as a subject matter expert to MetLife employees of varying positions (e.g. sales, service, marketing, IT, etc.) and levels (e.g. associate, manager, officer).
- Knowledge and experience with MetLife internal systems.
- Experience in creating and maintaining cross-functional partner relationships
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
- A history of ability to present findings and knowledge to senior management
- Creative thinker with strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills and base of knowledge in the insurance industry
- Excel, Word, and PowerPoint knowledge a must
- Able to operate efficiently in a fast-paced sales environment
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 46001
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.