This is position is for a Senior Java Developer in the Perosnal Lines digital organization. The Personal Lines development team is passionate for technology and strives to build well architected and innovative solutions for the business. Personal Lines has adopted the Scrum development methodology and core agile engineering practices such as continuous integration and test driven development.
The Personal Lines development team is seeking motivated, results oriented individuals with strong technical skills and technical leadership experience. The responsibilities of Java Developer include:
• Perform hands-on development work using HTML5, Java, JSP, Weblogic, Mobile frameworks including Bootstrap and AngularJS
• Coordinate between multiple disciplines (Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Customers) developers to design, develop, implement and support complex business solutions.
• Oversee technical deliverables for invest and maintenance projects through the software development life cycle, including validating the completeness of estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation.
• Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact project schedule and/or integrity of the application environment.
• Work closely with stakeholders to design and document solutions that align with the business needs and also consistent with the architectural vision.
• Mentor and train project team members (including Sourcing Partners) to enforce development guidelines and best practices.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more.
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or related disciple with a minimum of 7-10 years of work experience in IT systems analysis and application program development
• Minimum of 3 years hands on development experience with Java, Mobile frameworks including Bootstrap and AngularJS, JSP & Weblogic
• Strong understanding of OOPS concepts and ability to develop detailed application designs using proven industry patterns and best practices
• Thorough understanding and experience using relational databases preferably SQL Server and/or Oracle
• Requires understanding & usage of J2EE technologies like Java Web Services, JSF, EJBs, JMS and JDBC
• Superior organization skills with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present confidently before a large audience
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of project management methodologies and best practices
• Experience using ACORD based schema/XML is a plus
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD