- Possesses functional knowledge and skills reflective of a competent practitioner with the ability to deliver on work of highest technical complexity
- Consults with functional management in the analysis of short and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations which anticipate the future impact of changing business needs.
- Works closely with client management to identify and specify the complex business requirements and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server), software, hardware, technologies and tools.
- Provides highly technical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies that assist the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives.
- Reviews the disaster recovery plan to ensure that new systems promote uninterrupted systems operation.
- May coordinates activities with IT unit heads (e.g., database, operations, telecommunications, technical support, etc.).
- May direct a section staff responsible for all phases of the system development and implementation process including analysis, design, development, testing and ongoing support for the client area's application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server), software, hardware, technology and tools, etc. Primary technical point of contact for interaction with other units and teams. Organizes the activities of the section, assigns personnel to the various project or application components, and directs their activities. Review, evaluate and prepare periodic activity and progress reports for the section.
- At least six, typically eight or more years experience in IT systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Requires an extensive knowledge of the system development life cycle, the client area's functions and systems, and application program development alternatives.
- Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD