As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Designs, develops, and supports internal and external business systems/applications, databases, and system interfaces. The Sr Developer leads moderately complex projects, often mentoring and providing guidance to more junior team members. This position will work very closely with Leadership, Architects, and Development team members to build out and execute an MDM strategy for Product Catalog information, exposing capabilities to other enterprise systems via APIs and Microservices. Enterprise Core CompetenciesRequires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 7+ years application development experience with proven track record of success. Expertise with systems integration is desired.
7+ years of experience designing, developing, and supporting applications on Oracle DB, using 3 or more development languages or tools (Java preferred).
- 7+ years professional experience designing, developing, and supporting applications on one operating system (Linux/Unix preferred) or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Experience with IBM InfoSphere MDM a plus.
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing, and supporting APIs and Microservices.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental testing and deployment.
- Familiarity with Artifactory, Bitbucket, Cloudbees/Jenkins, Docker, Methos Maven, Puppet, and Splunk.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
Strong grasp of automation tools and test data management skills. Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent is a plus.
- Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
- B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Develop support documentation as required by other IT teams for acceptance of systems changes into production.
Build and unit test production deployment packages and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Implement, maintain, and improve Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes, tools, and environments.
- Implement appropriate Operational monitors and instrumentation; proactively identify system issues and drive resolution.
- Provide on call and after hours support as required; respond to and provide support for production outages.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of systems enhancements.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
A little about us:
Being Magenta means something different to each of us, but whatever our role, we stand together behind the game-changing mission of Team Magenta.