As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
Sr DevOps Engineer
The Sr DevOps Engineer plays a key role in leading the transformation to DevOps and Continuous Delivery across EIT. This position is highly technical and balanced between engineering operations roles, such as systems configuration management, and systems related software development. We are specifically seeking individuals with a passion for excellence in execution and engineering capability and are constantly striving to stay current with the latest technologies. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can act independently, work well with other team members, and represent DevOps' core values across the organization.
- A minimum of 5-7years of experience in Software Development or Operations with at least 3 years in managing large complex business systems, with 5+ years in Devops and/or AppOps.
- 2+ years' experience in cloud technologies, preferably in Amazon Web Services
- Sound knowledge on System Administration, & Web/App Administration, DB concepts, Network and Security
- Ability to program in at least one structured language such as Python, Perl, Java or C/C++
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies such as virtualization, storage and network domains in a cloud service model
- Understanding of the following tools: Jenkins, Rally, Ansible, ServiceNow, Puppet, SVN, Maven, GIT, Artifactory,
- Experience with continuous integration (CI), continuous test (CT), continuous delivery (CD) model, Agile and DevOps.
- Ability to attain results, convey a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure. Persists despite obstacles and opposition, sets high standards of performance and pursues challenging goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills; promoting healthy relationships and team dynamics.
- Focuses on the end user's or customer's needs; ability to set expectations and understand end user behavior.
- Good knowledge of industry best test practice.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring software operations engineers and resources for technical and professional growth
- Experience in managing geographically dispersed team
- Experience working in an application technical support/operational role a plus
- Service Virtualization experience a plus
- Pivotal/Cloud Foundry
- Experience with ServiceNow including ITIL model and workflow a plus
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technical discipline (computer science or information technology).
- Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Serve as the technical expert in multiple areas
- Lead larger, more complex projects with significant customer impact
- Sets Performance Direction: Translates broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete goals, aligns appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- Participate in EIT Project Assessment process
- Develop innovative technology solutions and ensure solutions are consistent with the IT Transformation Quarterly Operations Plans
- Has thoroughly demonstrated working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology (processes, and deliverables) and can work with the process and application teams to identify and close the gaps concerning IT-Quality issues as well as provides metrics for monitoring purposes and measures of success.
- Manages the team in delivering services to achieve and sustain quality and delivery goals.
- Conducts peer reviews to solicit feedback on artifacts created by the tests and EIT delivery teams, business tests and vendors/service providers as part of the SDLC.
- Initiates and implements best practices to improve the delivery process, procedures and tools utilized across EIT.
- Provides status reporting to Leadership, EIT Partners and Executives.
- Contributes to organization's body of knowledge on process design, modeling, execution, monitoring and optimization.
- Manages the investment of test automation across the program portfolio to achieve organizational goals.
- Translates application domain area expertise into precise test strategy.
- Manages Accountability: Monitors progress and results; gives feedback effectively to both vendor and direct test labor.
- Technical testing expertise to include continuous integration (CI) and continuous testing (CT) and big data reporting competencies. Deliver effective presentations to small groups and/or executive leaders
- Solicit communications feedback from cross-functional resources, and proposed methods to act upon opportunities and/or develop appropriate response
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and develop new solutions.
- Stay educated on emerging technologies
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.