Sr. DevOps Engineer – Data Persistence & Messaging
Location: Pleasanton, California
Posted: October 18, 2017
Reference ID: JR-21543
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
As the Data Persistence & Messaging team at Workday, our charter is to provide and maintain highly available and scalable data services to serve business needs related to messaging, caching, and persistence. These data services currently include RabbitMQ, Redis, Kafka, Cassandra, and MySQL. We develop engineering solutions including monitoring and automation for the provisioning and operations of these services, configuration, deployment, backup/restore, encryption, monitoring, and capacity planning. In addition, we develop client libraries and service APIs for these services with features like service discovery, graceful degradation, monitoring, encryption, and throttling.
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will own the infrastructure for our services with a focus on scalability, availability, automation, performance and security. You will be responsible for keeping our data services up and running smoothly. You will develop and automate programs and scripts, and set up CI/CD builds, graphs, dashboards, alerts, and logs, as well as manage load testing, scaling and performance.
• You have solid experience managing services in a distributed, internet-scale *nix environment.
• You like to write infrastructure automation code using Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
• You understand networks, protocols, servers, storage systems, operating systems
• You have good knowledge of at least one scripting language like Bash, Ruby or Python
• You understand and realize the value of CI/CD, builds, monitoring graphs, alerting, and centralized logging
• You are a self-motivated, dynamic team player
Nice to have:
• Experience with AWS including a solid understanding of Amazon S3, RDS, EC2, IAM, Cloudformation and Route 53
• Experience with Kubernetes and Docker containers
Technologies we use: Java, Docker, Tomcat, Git, Redis, Cassandra, ZooKeeper, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Bamboo, TeamCity, Jenkins, Ruby, Puppet, Chef, Ansible.