In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
The Digital Content Marketer sits on the Brighthouse Financial Content Experience team, within the larger Experience Design team, which includes UX, development, and user research. The Content Experience team works on projects for our major consumer-facing and financial advisor-facing platforms. We work closely with leadership, brand teams, sales, and product marketers as we create engaging, useful, and customer-focused content experiences for the next generation of financial services. The content experience team encompasses content architecture, content marketing, analytics, and oversight of the Brighthouse Financial content library. You will be a key member of the newly expanded Content Experience team, fostering a culture of fun, creativity, and results for the next generation of financial services. As a part of our team, you’ll provide key content marketing deliverables that will help to drive traffic to our major web platforms.
The ideal candidate is passionate and deeply committed to meeting our users where they are through targeted B2B and B2C content marketing, SEO, advisor affiliate marketing, and web platform merchandising. The Digital Content Marketer will work closely with the brand, campaigns, and content strategy teams combining user needs with business needs in a holistic content marketing plan.
We can offer you
- The ability to challenge yourself and perfect your content marketing knowledge and skills.
- The ability to be a part of a highly motivated, fun and passionate team.
- The ability to define and reinvent the financial digital space.
A candidate has been identified
- Create a holistic content marketing plan that drives and measures traffic to our major consumer and advisor portals through SEO, site merchandising, and strategic content marketing initiatives.
- Responsible for the merchandising of our major consumer facing and advisor facing platforms through coordination with brand, product, and marketing partners, including the creation of merchandising guidelines and standards based on user need and analytics.
- Responsible for the management of Brighthouse Financial SEO – including but not limited to relationship management for SEO vendor(s), SEO specific content campaigns, implementing SEO tactics across web platforms, measuring and reporting SEO analytics, acting on analytics to augment and iterate on SEO strategies, SEO keyword research, maintenance and implementation of keywords across web platforms.
- Develop standards for content tagging and metadata, surfacing relevant and related content to create an intuitive user experience and support SEO best practices.
- Work closely with paid media, social media, channel marketing, and email teams for a holistic view of the B2B and B2C user journey, implementing strategies to retain consistency in messaging and strategy throughout the end-to-end experience.
- Work with firm relationship marketing partners to maintain affiliate marketing channel for B2B advisor traffic. Propose additional strategic marketing initiatives for affiliate partners as it relates to advisor platform traffic.
- Measure the success over time of content marketing initiatives to illustrate ROI and inform future content marketing investments.
- Work across each line of business / channel to highlight how content is currently being marketed, and identify opportunities to improve how we can share content and improve customer experiences.
- Use user research to identify user requirements, needs, preferences and objectives to better understand how users consume content across channels and throughout the marketing funnel.
- Maintain knowledge of digital marketing trends, recommending new and innovative digital marketing strategies.
- 8+ years of general business or related experience
- 5+ years in a digital marketing, experience design, content marketing, or related field
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or any other related field of expertise
- Savvy digital marketer with knowledge of B2B and B2C marketing strategies and a broad skill set of digital marketing tactics
- Strong strategic planning and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization.
- Strong conceptual thinking.
- A high level of curiosity.
- Open to change and continuous improvement.
- Ability to contribute ideas and execute the ideas of others quickly and competently
- Strong teamwork skills.
- A capacity for constant learning from both success and failure.
- Exposure to the content marketing industry
- Insurance or Financial Services industry experience a plus, but not required
Americas Retail - Marketing
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.