GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The primary responsibility of the Digital Product Strategy Manager is to be accountable for defining the GEHC Life Sciences vision and strategy for the implementation of new technologies such as Process Analytical Technologies and how digital and analytics tools and processes can be used to realize that.
With emerging new manufacturing technologies, advanced sensor technologies and trends in the biopharma industry the need for greater process insights and real time data accesss will be essential. This role will focus on building the roadmap for how GEHC Life Sciences will continue to support the biopharma industry with tools and solutions to drive and support process intsification and productivity. The role requires deep understanding of the PAT landscape, regulators view as well as market trends.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Ensuring customer focus by communicating and building rapport with customers as required and ensuring the "voice of the customer" is reflected in work processes.
• In close collaboration with systems product management make sure the vision and strategy is in-line with business prioirities in adjacent areas.
• Close collaboration with marketing to translate practice needs, market analysis, competitive analysis, and regulatory environment factors into actionable strategies and tactics for the product.
• Partner with internal and external domain experts to highlight emerging practice trends and product/content needs of the customer.
• Conducting product research to further understand the competitive profile for the segment worldwide (where applicable) and opportunities for growth.
• Working with marketing, engineering, and services to create long-term product roadmaps, requirements, and business plans.
• Driving product portfolio to meet the needs of the market. Responsible for strategy and execution of the product roadmaps and new product introductions.
• Establish tradeoffs between internal development and business partnership activities with strategic partners-including contract negotiations and maintenance, product changes, forecasting and financials.
• Coordinating the needs across a multi-functional organization, including marketing, sales, operations, engineering, and services teams, while ensuring compliance with quality systems and regulatory requirements.
• Evangelize for the product by presenting to customers and users groups; represent the product at trade shows and with media; sell product roadmap internally; participate in winning large deals; provide sales training, and generate enthusiasm for the product.
• Understanding of analytics patterns and digital tools used in LS. Machine learning and data science knowledge and how it can be applied to the biopharma industry
• Create a team environment that encourages innovation
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Establish a commitment to quality and communicate the importance of meeting statutory, regulatory and customer requirements. Ensure quality policy is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels of the organization. Establish and communicate quality objectives that are measurable and consistent with the quality policy.
5. Maintain adequate organizational structures and adequate resources of sufficiently trained personnel. Ensure qualified personnel relative to assigned responsibilities. Ensure appropriate responsibility, independence and authority of all personnel who manage, perform and assess work affecting quality.
1. University degree in Biochemistry/Biotechnology or equivalent Life Science discipline
2. Strong business & technical acumen. A strong interest in commercial aspects is an essential component to be successful in this role
3. Proven experience in a Life Science based business, including solid experience in product management, marketing, sales or product development.
4. 10+ years' experience in Process sience or related field including workflow experience with similar products.
5. Excellent oral and written communications skills
6. Strong analytical and process skills
7. Strong project management skills
8. Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment
1. 12+ years' experience in the Bioprocess industry, manufacturing technologies or related field.
2. Masters or Ph.D. preferred in related Life Sciences discipline
3. Deep Product Management/Marketing expertise, including: market trends/analysis, NPI process, product roadmap development, requirements, product life-cycle management,
4. PAT product/industry/technical acumen
5. Leadership skills to lead teams and shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
6. Innovation - develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
7. Team oriented - ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
8. Proven ability to work globally
9. Proven ability to influence and negotiate internally and with customers.
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Marlborough
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.