Sr Dir Bus Ops & Programs
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: December 06, 2017
Reference ID: 1083340
The WW Learning team is learner obsessed, and our mission is to build an enthusiastic learning culture based on industry-leading innovation and aligned for measurable business impact. Learning is a critical lever to accelerate Microsoft’s growth as a digital transformation leader, and to enable our customers, partners and our people to develop, achieve success, and thrive. We believe easily accessible learning is an essential part of a diverse and inclusive culture, and the core ingredient to helping people become their best personal and professional selves.
Within WW Learning, the Global Field & Partner Learning team develops and leads cross-segment, role-based learning programs focused on increasing technical, industry, and professional capabilities, to measurably accelerate field and partner performance. Our team delivers learning programs to over 60,000 professionals across our field organization, and to over 1 million learners across our partner ecosystem.
As part of the Global Field & Partner Learning organization, this role will lead a team focused on curating and developing learning content and materials to increase the professional skills and capabilities of our field and partners. This will require close collaboration with the EOU and Breadth/CDS Learning Teams and their segment stakeholders, to ensure learning content is timely, accurate, relevant and closely aligned with the needs of our field learners. The team is comprised of Program Managers aligned with one of four professional skills areas: Manager/leader skills, Commercial Sales skills, Services skills, and Marketing/Consumer Sales Skills. Additionally, the team will include Instructional Design Specialists to bring discipline expertise and best practices to collaborate with the Program Managers to develop innovative and engaging learning programs at scale.
This role will demonstrate exceptional organizational and communication skills and can work under compressed deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment that demands flexibility, high quality, and creativity. The team will partner with a wide range of stakeholders to develop and deliver best-in-class content and training materials. Collaboration is essential to ensure the greatest potential impact against our business objectives.
• Lead and coach a high-performing team of Program Managers and Instructional Design Specialists. Act as an effective people manger, supporting morale, engagement and career development.
• Optimize performance of the team by ensuring access to necessary resources, assets, networks and tools.
• Leverage solution area subject matter expertise to curate or create the optimal content to enable learners to accelerate growth and performance. Demonstrate specific professional capability proficiency as required to build credibility with HR, field learners, and top executives, & provide value as the learning specialist and business enabler.
• Demonstrate understanding of learner skill gaps, and partner closely with segment aligned Learning Teams and Field Enablement to curate the most relevant, innovative, and timely content.
• Own & manage the full experience for the learner of the program, which includes curating or creating high impact content, optimizing the UI, go-live, roll-out, support, assessment & optimization of the program while “in-market.” Prioritize curate over create.
• Continuously test & assess the impact of the content for the learner, and in enabling the business to achieve its objectives.
• With expertise in Instructional Design in the team, partner with virtual team to build world-class learning programs in a creative & exciting way.
• Develop innovative & engaging learning programs at scale. Team with content and skill experts to create a cohesive development experience for our employees & partners.
• Consult across the MS Learning organization to design, develop, and test learning content.
• Advise stakeholders on best practices in adult learning such as social & peer learning, gamification of learning, informal learning, and real-time performance support.
• 5 years experience in a people management role
• 10 years of working experience outside of college
• Master’s degree or PhD in a relevant field
• 5 years of product group experience
• Demonstrated expertise collaborating across multiple stakeholder groups to deliver global solutions
• Demonstrated expertise in coaching, supporting, and increasing the capabilities of team members.
• Effective analytical and project management skills, to deliver on time and on budget.
• Extensive knowledge of the most current adult learning theories and approaches for education and learning design.
• Attention to detail while addressing the needs of competing priorities and deadlines.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to travel globally 10-20%
WWL - REQ
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.