The Senior Director, Emerging Platforms will be a key leader in Charter’s Emerging Technology and Innovation Group. The candidate will be tasked with identifying technologies, solutions, and techniques that will help define and further Charter’s postion in areas related to Connected Home, M2M, and related data automation areas. Additionally, the successful candidate will be a key architect in helping the company understand how to innovate faster and increase the velocity of service commercialization.
The role will be both an external facing role, fostering relationships with key partners, as well as an internal leader – acting as an authority on topical areas, driving rapid prototype iniatives, and stewarding high potential ideas through the commercialization intake process.
The successful candidate will be expected to not only lead teams but also have the fluidity to act as an individual contributor and produce substantive deliverables.
As a founding member of this newly created group, the candidate will not only contribute to ground floor programs but also be afforded the intellectual autonomy to explore new emerging technology areas.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess technology ecosystems, frameworks, and capabilities
- Develop underlying use cases and the required technology solutions (hardware and software)
- Define well structured prototype campaigns, including well formed success metrics
- Define supporting architectures to scale solutions beyond trial phases
- Contribute to development of business cases and funding requirements
- Support intake process and act as SME thorugh commercialization process
- Develop and foster strong relatinships with external eocystems and technology partners.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Practical knowledge of the key pieces of connected home, including sensory layer, Local Area Network, Embedded Control, Network layer, Wide Area Network, Data Platform (on-Premise, Private, Public or Hybrid Cloud) and Security (at the edge, network and enterprise) layer.
- Practicing knowledge of connected home enabling ecosystems, including RDK-B, TR-069, etc.
- Practicing knowledge of emerging ecosystems, such as Amazon Greengrass, Apple HomeKit, etc. and prototypting platforms like RasberryPi.
- BSEE, CS, ME or equivalent
Related Work Experience
- 8-10 years in a Product Engineering role related to embedded systems and/or consumer related electronics
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.