Reporting to the VP, Global Rewards, the Senior Director, Global Compensation & Benefits will have responsibility for managing the strategic direction of the compensation and benefits functions. He or she will be responsible for the design, development and execution through the regions of a rewards strategy that aligns to the organization's goals and objectives.
The Senior Director, Global Compensation & Benefits will serve as a proactive business partner and subject matter expert to clients including people business partners, regional leaders and business unit leaders. He or she will direct all reward programs throughout the organization: base pay, incentive compensation, recognition programs and benefits strategy while also ensuring compliance with global compensation and benefits laws and regulations.
He or she will be an innovative thinker and strong relationship builder, facilitating business solutions through his or her functional and technical expertise. In addition, this leader will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The position is located at Company Headquarters in San Jose, California, however given the global nature of the role, some travel will be required in order to successfully partner with key clients. Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate is an accomplished compensation and benefits executive with significant experience running all aspects of those functions. The successful candidate should have the ability to act as a subject matter expert and be 'of counsel' to business leaders. This person will also need the skills to design a vision and strategy for reward programs that will drive desired behaviors and business results. In this fast moving, entrepreneurial organization, new and creative ideas are encouraged and rewarded as are exceptional execution and results. The successful candidate will possess global experience and strong leadership skills. A financial services or technology background is preferred, although the candidate may come from outside the industry.
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- Business Acumen/ Strategic Thinking: The successful candidate will have an excellent grasp of the financial and economic drivers of the overall business and be able to develop a compensation and benefits strategy that is aligned with the critical priorities of the business. In addition, the successful candidate must be able to think beyond financial and economic drivers in order to create compensation packages that will attract, retain, and motivate the best talent.
- Leadership: The successful candidate has proven leader capabilities particularly managing teams of subject matter experts at senior levels.
- Driving Results: The successful candidate is a strategic, results-driven professional with sound business acumen and the ability to make good decisions. This person will have a track record of developing and executing strategies that drive successful employee performance. He or she must be capable of managing a sense of urgency for change.
- Communication/Executive Presence: The successful candidate will be a highly articulate and sophisticated executive who engenders credibility at all levels within the organization. He or she must have confidence and credibility, effectively influence others, and constructively handle sensitive or emotional issues. He or she must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and discuss complex information in a way that persuades others and enhances understanding.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Works with people in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.
- Ethics and Integrity: Behaves in a fair and ethical manner toward others; instills mutual trust and confidence; demonstrates a sense of corporate responsibility; acts with honesty and integrity.
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.