Job Title: Sr. Dir. Product Management (STAR Team)
At Symantec, our goal is simple: Make the world a safer place. It's work that matters - as an essential partner to consumers, enterprises, and public sector customers around the world. As one of the largest independent software companies in the world, Symantec has operations in more than 40 countries with 475 out of Fortune's global 500 companies using our solutions.
In Security Technology and Response, our focus is relentlessly protecting the world's information. You will have the opportunity to be part of a global team with some of the world's brightest security engineers, threat analysts, and researchers that provide the underlying security technology, content, and support for all of Symantec's corporate and consumer security products. The division considers not only today's threats, but also the threats of tomorrow and uses this intelligence to develop an entirely new approach to security. These technologies are being developed for platforms including network infrastructure, servers, desktops, and mobile devices with the simple mission of achieving the best detection, best performance, and best user experience in the marketplace.
Note: this role may be located either in northern California (Mt. View) or southern California (Culver City).
Responsibilities May Include:
• Drive development of long-term vision and strategic roadmap for security technologies to be used across a broad range of use cases, taking into account varying customer needs in enterprise through consumer business segments
• Own the business outcome of strategic roadmap, evaluating complex technical and market insights to make tradeoffs that maximize long term value
• Lead brainstorming of creative solutions and problem-solving to balance product deliverables and resources with business needs and market window opportunities
• Develop and promulgate a deep understanding of the market and competitive landscape, key trends, and evolving customer needs across the broad portfolio of existing and evolving products and services
• Engage with customers, sales teams, and channel partners to shape a detailed view of customer's current and future needs, and collaborate with technical leaders to define next generation solutions
• Develop and track key metrics / KPIs and targets, developing plans to achieve those targets, and proactively communicate progress
• Evangelize strategy and roadmap internally and with partners, driving organizational alignment and project prioritization
• Eight years of software industry experience (Consumer or Enterprise) and minimum of two years management experience
• Bachelor's degree; MBA from a top tier business school strongly preferred
• Demonstrated, effective leader able to manage and develop a strong team
• Prior experience of successful product management in a high tech company with proven ability to launch new products from concept to launch
• Exceptional strategic thinking, with a strong ability to develop and articulate a strong strategic vision
• Excellent analytical and decision making skills - ability to understand complex technologies and business models, identify and analyze new opportunities, effectively prioritize and make tradeoffs among competing opportunities balancing customer needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decisions
• Strong "executive presence", able to quickly build credibility and confidence cross-functionally and with upper management, leveraging outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills
Travel Percentage <=25%
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.