Situated in either one of our Santa Clara, CA or Austin, TX campuses,
the incumbent in this position provides leadership and direction through senior managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple regions or diverse job families or departments within a major region or business unit. Develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives. Decisions are guided by company and segment/functional strategy and objectives. Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas.
- Develops, aligns and implements strategies across segments and geographies
- Create a customer focused organization, continually driving enhancement of external customer satisfaction
- Interface with Internal Stakeholders to drive cross functional collaboration
- Identify opportunities and champion process efficiency and streamlining. Support & drive Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Ensure the right skill, knowledge and experience is available in the group to manage compliance to external and internal policies
- Anticipate complex issues and resolve conflicts to ensure timely execution of orders. Ensure compliance to external and internal policies and regulations.
- Manage functional budget to drive cost efficiency
- Ensure adequate resources to drive productivity levels in the function.
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices as well as the changing business environment
- Applies in-depth knowledge of own segment/function, business and commercial expertise to differentiate itself from the competition
- Leads a business unit, department or sub-function generally through multiple levels of managers of diverse activities; develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives
- Evaluates key business challenges; directs the development of new or innovative solutions
- Guided by company strategy and business objectives, impacts results of segment/function
- Influences and negotiates at the top executive levels, with great latitude on outcomes; presents and defends complicated or delicate issues
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.