Company DescriptionCommon Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description
This critical leadership role will be responsible for leading the world class product security team that develops, operates and supports software security services consumed by product development teams across Visa Inc. The leader will be responsible for delivering software security at scale leveraging automation of SSDLC process, integration of security tools into agile product development (CI/CD), and delivery of the next generation of software defined security tools and services.
The SSDLC product team will work closely with the various product development community across Visa, and provides services, tools and security expertise to help build secure applications throughout the development life cycle of Visa products.
The successful individual must display a high degree of ownership for their own work, and be able to quickly understand the security environment in which Visa operates, possess industry experience on various leading edge development security tools, and have strong management and people skills. Must possess Software development experience/expertise to drive product security initiatives.
The Sr. Director of Application Security Engineering reports to the VP of Enterprise Security Architecture and
Engineering Position Scope:
The Value You Deliver:
- Software automation that accelerates and enhances various product security goals
- Integration of cybersecurity tools and systems to further secure product security outcomes
- Develop custom software solutions to achieve security goals when COTS/OSS solutions are not available or viable
- Security solutions for cloud (X-as-a-Service) systems where security principles are codified and integrated directly into application designs and blueprints/formations
- Systems analysis and software development efforts that align with devops, secdevops, and agile-related approaches
- Embed security into product and manage application security testing technology, services and tools
- Collaborate with Product Development team and various other Information Security teams to improve the overall application security posture of production applications
- Lead security technology innovation and provide technical direction to product development
teams for securing applications
- Continuously evaluate and improve upon the product security and security services that support the
application security program
- Continuously increase the effectiveness, quality, and overall application security capabilities and services of the program
- Keeps abreast of application security trends and the emerging threat landscape related to payment
and financial businesses and corresponding applications
- Manage and drive excellence across team
To succeed in this role, the leader must have strong software development knowledge/expertise, proven service management skills, and the ability to manage a team responsible for building/customizing software to enable critical capabilities within the organization. Skill Set You Bring:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Software Development, Security Engineering and/or other
Product/Application Security technical roles
- Deep technical understanding of modern development platforms and languages including
- Experience with compliance regulations/laws, security frameworks and standards (e.g., NIST, HIPAA,
ISO, COBIT, OWASP, ITIL, etc.).
- Experience in developing web application, mobile application and hands on experience in application
security testing & vulnerabilities mitigations
- Advanced knowledge of Cloud Security, Network Security, Data Protection, Web/Mobile Application
Security, Authentication and Authorization techniques
- Proficiency with Agile, Continuous Integration/Development, DevOps SDLC models
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication, presentation, and problem solving
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, as well as the desire to assist others in solving
- Ability to influence management and support/help build credibility across the organization . A collaborative and engaging leader who partners well with customers and stakeholders
- A strong leader in talent management, with the ability to develop staff, recruits appropriate
talent, and create a culture of performance
- Able to think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans
- Develop strong working relationships across the business and persuasively communicate with multiple levels of management
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.