Sr Director, Audit – Capital Management & Regulatory Reporting
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization’s Audit and Risk Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
CAS is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Audit Senior Director who will be responsible for developing the audit plan for assurance coverage of Capital One’s Capital Management & Regulatory Reporting processes, and act as the primary lead on Capital Management related audit projects including ICAAP, CCAR, DFAST, and Economic Capital. The candidate will also play a key role in the coordination and execution of Internal Audit’s Basel II coverage plan as Basel II processes transition into existing functions during the company’s parallel run. As part of the broader Audit team, the candidate will also lead or contribute to other audits as determined through audit planning processes.
As the Capital Management & Regulatory Reporting Specialist, the Audit Senior Director will maintain key business partner relationships, stay abreast of evolving industry practices and regulatory expectations relative to Capital Management, and provide consult to the broader audit team where appropriate, based on the interaction between Capital Management and broader audit coverage. The candidate will also provide training and coaching to team members on assignments, and the broader Audit team.
- Manage internal audit staff responsible for auditing Capital management-related functions as well as other diverse lines of business and specialty areas. Provide major input to audit engagement planning and fieldwork, as well as identification, development and documentation of audit issues, and recommendations for their improvement.
- Provide subject matter expertise relative to Capital Management, as well as have an understanding of Basel II, 2.5, and III requirements
- Manage the implementation of audit procedures, including, but not limited to identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting auditee processes and procedures. Oversee the identification and evaluation of Capital One risk.
- Assist the Vice President and Managing Vice President in the planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of internal audit operations and have staff management responsibilities including hiring, training, and evaluating staff, and taking corrective action.
- Manage the implementation of audit procedures, including (but not limited to) identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting auditee processes and procedures, and prepare value added audit reports.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
As one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.