Locations: NY - New York, United States of America, New York, New York
Sr. Director, Audit – Market Risk, Liquidity Risk, and Balance Sheet Management
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization’s Audit and Risk Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
This Senior Director of Audit for Market Risk, Liquidity Risk, and Balance Sheet Management will direct an advanced level professional internal audit work. This will include managing and conducting operational, financial and compliance audit projects; providing major input to the development of the annual audit plan and providing training; and coaching and supervising the internal audit staff. You will maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards, work independently under general supervision and exercise some latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Manage internal audit staff responsible for auditing first and second line functions for Market, Liquidity, and Balance Sheet Management as well as other diverse lines of business and specialty areas. Provide major input to audit engagement planning and fieldwork, as well as identification, development and documentation of audit issues, and recommendations for their improvement.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of Market, Liquidity and Balance Sheet Management functions, as well as have an understanding of Basel II, 2.5, and III requirements related to market risk, liquidity coverage ratio, 2052A, etc.
- Manage the implementation of audit procedures, including, but not limited to identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting auditee processes and procedures. Oversee the identification and evaluation of Capital One risk.
- Assist the Vice President and Managing Vice President in the planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of internal audit operations and have staff management responsibilities including hiring, training, and evaluating staff, and taking corrective action.
- Manage the implementation of audit procedures, including (but not limited to) identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting auditee processes and procedures, and prepare value added audit reports.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions and test assumptions.
- You seek to deepen relationships and shared objectives with your business partners to deliver an elevated value proposition and outstanding business results.
- You’re a firm believer that data will only make you a better Auditor. This part will require looking at some data, so you’ll want to ensure that analytics doesn’t scare you off.
- You're a teacher. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the development of your team.
- Lastly, you create energy and an environment that make it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
As one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in auditing, at least 10 years of experience in risk management, or a combination
- At least 8 years of experience in market risk, liquidity risk, and balance sheet management
- At least 8 years of experience in leading audit engagements or in project management
- At least 3 years of experience in banking or the financial services industry
- Master’s Degree in Auditing, Master’s Degree in Accounting, Master’s Degree in Finance, Master’s Degree in Economics, or Master of Business Administration
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Risk Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Investments and Derivatives Auditor (CIDA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- 1+ years of experience with data analytics tools in support of internal audit
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.