Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Sr. Director – Business Development in our Deerfield Illinois office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr. Director – Business Development working on the Global Business Development team, you will be empowered to independently lead some of the largest and most innovative business development transactions in the pharmaceutical industry and independently lead complex business development projects, and a typical day will include: POSITION OBJECTIVES:
- Direct and execute the business development strategy for the United States Business Unit
- Autonomously working to evaluate and present opportunities to key governance bodies and to execute on endorsed strategies
- Representing Takeda as the transactional project leader and senior negotiator, collaborating across Takeda and leading global, matrixed teams to deliver on endorsed strategies resulting in deals which access new technologies, therapeutic substrate, and products.
Qualifications: EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Leading multi-matrixed project teams which performs analyses of complex and/or multipart opportunities requiring extensive collaboration, multiple agreements within one partnership, and opportunities with a significant financial investment.
- Leads strategic business engagements and leads negotiations of transactions focusing on; in-licensing, mergers, acquisitions, but also including out-licensing, partnerships and/or joint ventures.
- Leads the execution of strategic regional and global initiatives to advance Takeda’s mission and objectives for business development.
- Manages business relationships and counsels business partners, internally and externally, on transaction and strategic issues pertaining to transactions/ strategic alliance arrangements.
- Develops and maintains key relationships across a broad sphere of influence, both internally and externally.
- Leads executive presentations, aligning proposals for complex and highly impactful transactions.
Empowering Our People to Shine
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum 10 years of pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience
- 5 years Business Development and/or Alliance Management experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry with minimum 3 years leading BD deals.
- Experience directing and managing cross-functional groups, including senior management members, to accomplish corporate goals
- Strong commercial background in business development, life science banking, and/or marketing or equivalent
- Deep understanding of the drug development, approval, and commercialization process
- Proven experience in completing complex transactions
- MBA and / or MS preferred
- Ability to integrate both the scientific and business components within complex business transactions.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.