Sr Director Business Development Manager - Financial Services
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: November 02, 2017
Reference ID: 1078423
The Industry Solutions Team Manager needs to have deep Financial Services industry experience, expertise and a network within with these industries as well as good technical/business expertise to guide the team in developing and support solutions industry vertical covering Capital Markets, Banking and Insurance. This individual will be a people manager and team leader working to identify market opportunities, new models, and solution gaps, tell stories about business outcomes and represent and communicate market requirements.
In order to help the team to create and advise others on the appropriate solutions portfolio, the ISM Manager role will drive a deep understanding of customer business issues, context, challenges and strategic direction (both customer, and the industry in which they operate) and an understanding of the industry partner ecosystem relevant to the specific industry solutions and the local markets. Deep understanding and expertise in digital transformation opportunities in Financial Services industry enabled by the emerging technologies like Business Apps, Predictive Analytics, Advanced analytics, and business process solutions.
The role of the Industry Solutions Team Manager enhances client awareness of Microsoft as a solution provider beyond traditional client-side IT Decision Makers, and repositions market perception of Microsoft as a trusted partner for industry solutions. This individual helps to develop and drive new engagements with business decision makers and identifies new market opportunities for solutions. The Industry Solutions Team Manager works in partnership with Industry ISMs, Enterprise industry teams, field sales, and Engineering to identify, activate, drive and win these solutions and to build new solutions to amplify our impact in the market.
• Leading a team of ISMs who will are responsible for identify, activating, driving and winning with industry solutions that will grow Cloud share and amplify our impact in the market.
• Work closely with the Regional teams to land industry solution, light house deals, and develop the solution content, services and partner engagement models.
• Iterate and learn from these initial lighthouse wins to improve the solution package to the point where the solution (solution content and engagement models) is stable and well understood and can be executed at scale by the field resources.
• Have deep knowledge of competitive differentiation, ability to handle certification & compliance requirements specific to the industry.
• Be part of the Governance that represent s the ISMs, the field and customer voice and effectively liaison with Engineering and other central corporate functions.
• Support recruiting of Field resources to secure high-quality industry people.
• 10+ years Industry domain expertise working in business roles at a company in the Financial Services Industry.
• 10+ years of significant Industry solution experience (i.e. as a business solution consultative selling and execution with varied sales role
• Good business expertise relevant to the industry and emerging solution areas.
• People management experience gained whilst leading a team of experienced individual contributors
• Industry specialized sales or consulting position within an IT Consulting or Services company + Solution sales or consulting position in a competing or partner company or banking, capital markets and insurance experience.
• Business development skills Market development skills Executive Conversations capable.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.