Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Director, Commercial Insights and Strategy, located in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Mental Health, and Pain Management. Please visit www.JanssenPharmaceuticalsInc.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Senior Director, Commercial Insights and Strategy is responsible for coordinating, integrating and translating primary, secondary, competitive and environmental insights into growth strategies for Janssen Strategic Business Units. This position is a member of the individual SBU Board Leadership Team, and serves as an internal consultant to the Presidents, Vice Presidents of Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, and other senior franchise leaders. This position plays a leading role in advising and counseling management in the development and implementation of new and existing business strategies and as a result, shares accountability for business results.
Provides strategic oversight and guidance for business unit strategic/business plans, brand strategies, new product launch plans, and long and short range financial forecasts
- Operates as a trusted advisor to senior SBU leaders, utilizing strategic and operational insights, and executive level problem solving, communication and leadership skills to drive organizational action that leads to tangible growth in revenue or profit
- Acts as the Commercial Excellence ‘quarterback’ with broad oversight of CE activities for the business unit, including:
- Sets business unit and CE priorities with President and key commercial leaders
- Organizes and optimizes CE resources against those priorities
- Drives integrated problem solving across CE team to ensure that all resources are deployed against critical business problemsInterfaces with CE and business unit leaders on an ongoing basis to ensure alignment of CE priorities against business needs
- Where appropriate / necessary, drives resource deployment and prioritization tradeoffs across CE
- Drives and / or integrates all areas of customer insights for the business unit, and translates to business impact across sales and marketing, including
- Market research and competitive intelligence
- Performance monitoring / management
- Sales force optimization and targeting strategy
- Incentive comp strategy and design
- Advanced analytics, including Commercial mix / ROI analytics
- Payer/Provider analytics
- Brand forecasting
- Serves as focal point to prioritize and triage operational issues with leaders across CE organization, including the following key areas:
- Data management
- Call planning and alignment
- IC operations/administration
- Takes personal accountability to attract and develop best in class talent, and inspires team to achieve impact
- Identifies capability gaps; champions the building and development of talent and org capabilities
- Networks and recruits talent on an ongoing basis
- Focuses on team development to foster collaboration and trust
- Reporting Relationships:
- This position reports directly to the Vice President, Commercial Excellence.
- Reporting directly and indirectly to this position is a team of 30+ insight, strategy, operations and data management personnel.
- BS/BA is required; MBA or equivalent advanced degree preferred
- 15 years’ combined experience in business analytics/market research/insight development required
- Analytics/insight experience combined with marketing/strategic marketing a plus
- Consulting experience a plus
- 10 years managerial / supervisory experience required
Skills and Abilities:
Results Focus: Uses understanding of information (patient, provider, payor, category, customer, competition), business practices, and P&L knowledge, to create strategies that lead to growth
- Influencing: Ability to persuade others to a new or different perspective through use of compelling data and insights in order to positively impact achievement of business results
- Business Partnering: Ability to develop internal/external collaborations and build positive, constructive relationships across all levels and disciplines (e.g., CE team members, Marketing and Sales teams, external business and agency partners) in order to leverage knowledge and efforts
- Talent Management: Ability to create an environment where leadership, creativity, accountability, and talent development are top priorities
- Entrepreneurial mindset: willing to experiment to drive more material impact
- Change Leadership: Ability to create positive change while maintaining or improving engagement levels on the team
- Understanding and Application of Business Analytics and Market Research: Ability to use primary research methodologies, secondary research data sources, and advanced analytical methods to develop and recommend business strategies that drive growth
United States-New Jersey-TitusvilleOrganization
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.