Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best-in-class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever-expanding set of foundational cloud services. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. At Oracle, you can have a significant impact on strategic and technical direction.
We seek a seasoned candidate with deep cloud infrastructure knowledge to build our global field and customer training program from the ground up, including:
- * Gathering field and customer training requirements
- * Developing a strategy for delivering training to meet immediate needs, as well as at scale
- * Building and maintaining the technical infrastructure needed to support training delivery
- * Hiring, supervising, and mentoring a team of curriculum developers and instructors
- * Overseeing the delivery of training globally - travel required
- * Monitoring course delivery quality and building a culture of continuous improvement
- * 7 - 10 years experience building and supervising a training program within a high-growth, customer-focused global enterprise
- * Demonstrated success in a startup environment where you are required to think quickly, make sound decisions, and adapt to changing priorities
- * Strong team player with outstanding communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- * Deep knowledge of cloud infrastructure concepts and technologies
- * Deep knowledge of leading-edge training platforms and technologies
- * Exceptional written English, presentation, and facilitation skills
- * Experience working within an established technical content strategy, and adopting content quality governance
- * A history of fearless hands-on product use and an uncompromising customer advocate mentality
- * Experience leading geographically distributed teams
Develops courseware to support new and existing products, often though not exclusively in conjunction with Product Division.
Develop policies and guidelines for the creation and delivery of classes by working with the curriculum development, instructional, and internal/external audience communities. Identify and implement instructional methods and technologies that add value to classes. Coordinate virtual classroom strategy and operations with global counterparts. Train instructors and curriculum developers to use virtual classroom and conferencing applications.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Solid project management skills. Background in distance learning methods and technology. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. BA/BSOracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.