Under the general supervision of the Global Communication Services Executive Leadership, the NOC Senior Director is responsible for the daily monitoring and administration of the NOC and associated personnel. Monitor infrastructure health, security and capacity, and make decisions and adjustments to ensure optimal network performance. This includes Tier 1 and Tier 2 support, client service order ticketing from voicemail, email, monitored services platform, technician daily / monthly reporting. Directly support the efforts of remote monitoring and management across all business verticals. Provide Service Functions, Business Verticals, and Engineering with data to support with both internal and external communication of network performance. 24/7/365 Customer Care Operations and Management of 3rd Parties. POC Interface into each Service Function and Business Vertical. Additional duties performed as required.
• Daily oversight and administration of tier 1 and tier 2 staff and processes including the triage, monitoring of tickets for completeness and timeliness of completion in accordance with support level agreements.
• Determine if services being provided fall under contract, billable hours or project hours for appropriate handling
• Along with staff, become familiar with the setup and operation of various client networks
• Oversight of the configuration and monitoring of IT platform including ticketing, reports, alerts and notification of service level agreements (SLA)
• Administer/manage customer network documentation to support Computer Network Administrators (CNA)
• Oversight of global NOC to provide Tier 1 telephone and email support to clients as the initial resource to resolve network-related questions and problems
• Ensure performance with respect to required system maintenance (i.e. backup, adding/deleting users, adding/deleting applications, establishing security rights and system installation)
• Maintenance of daily backup and establishes historical backup routine
Duties also include customer facing network support strategy & operational efficiency/affectivity capabilities for Panasonic Avionics.
• Working with the Program Office, Engineering & GCS Executive Leadership & all stakeholders, ensures strategic implementation, effective management & coordination of teams supporting services, systems and infrastructure for customer interacting technology service products.
• Tactically oversees & directs the operation of the global satellite network, ground terrestrial network & customer applications and associated organizational support groups whom maintain daily operations, incident management and technical inquiries related to Panasonic's customer facing technology products.
• Works with customer facing account/field/support teams as well as customers when called upon to discuss Panasonic's customer facing technology products operation and daily maintenance.
• Has overall control of strategic planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
• Works with advanced systems engineering, interfaces with GCS senior management & regional executive management in conjunction with stakeholders on customer facing platforms and services required for Panasonic's network operations; defines strategy, resource allocation, planning, implementation & operation techniques for operational functions for product line
• Acts as a services based product liaison for operational management and support of satellite, ground & application hosting operational products, working with other departments, stakeholder or vendors to manage, resolve & mitigate technical issues.
• Directs network operations team's activities to ensure customer platforms are kept serviceable, available and supportable 24/7/365, ensuring maintenance tasks are coordinated, communicated, scheduled and resourced accordingly.
• Manages Panasonic third party suppliers and partners in delivering products and services to Panasonic on a day to day basis.
• Directs the availability of manpower and expertise in all PAC customer facing technology systems, documentation and processes so that operational and technical inquiries can be addressed quickly and efficiently either through immediate direct action or coordination of PAC departmental actions.
• Maintain levels of technical expertise sufficient to advise troubleshooting procedures for all PAC service based product types.
• Defines, plans & acquires services, technology, tools and systems required to keep Panasonic's customer facing systems available and serviceable
• Leads/managed critical crisis & incident management teams to manage customer disruptions, restore services and provide root cause analysis/corrective actions/remediation
• Provides strategy, direction and future state evolution planning to department senior management & executive management for customer facing network operations
• Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
• Initiate and maintain Panasonic standards of communications between Panasonic and customers by regular follow up status reviews and correspondence.
• Meets with customers/representatives to discuss/review and explain Panasonic operational service level management and acquisition
• Manage customers communication & interface during network/service related disruptions, outages and maintenances
• Manage daily operational interfaces between Panasonic and its 3rd party contractor and supplier on the acquisition and delivery of services to customers
• Enhance the reputation of PAC through professional customer and supplier interaction.
• Provides expertize in service as a product related discussions regarding service level management, key performance indicator definitions and techniques for measuring operations and management of customer facing systems and associated platforms required to collect, measure and monitor performance and availability.
• Participate in cross functional/customer focused &/or company teams, providing focus on network related service delivery & operations as it relates to ensure service program financial and operational health.
• Work with Operations and Engineering to determine product end of life strategies and actions.
• Liaise with the PAC Engineering and GCS groups to ensure that actions are consistent with PAC technical developments and processes.
• Work with Panasonic's suppliers, contractors, partners and 3rd party delivery teams to define strategy/offer ability of service/support and operational tasks
• Hire, train, supervise, and appraise direct reports.
• Define strategy & manage functional team leadership:
o Develop executable plans to ensure operational locations are trained and supported technically.
• Arrange for training to be provided to Product Support engineering teams, customer facing teams and other internal/external organizations as required
Knowledge Skill Requirements
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to organize and implement department objectives.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of network operations
• Proven experience with problem-solving, decision-making, negotiating, and multi-tasking to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers in a professional and timely manner.
• Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationship with customers and internal company departments in order to effectively address customer needs.
• Ability to plan, assign, train, and direct employees.
• Ability to interview, hire, and appraise employees.
• Highly developed team building skills.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Bachelor's degree or 12 years' experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related field.
• At least 12 years working in technology based service/support & global network operations
• At least 7 years working, operations & supporting 'service as a product' environments
• 10 years in management/leadership role
• May require travel, up to 20% of the time to domestic and/or international locations.
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1700442
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.