Some of the key responsibilities of the Dir. Global Sponsorship Strategy position are Strategy, Governance, Sponsorship Tracking, ROI Evaluation and Community Building. Another core responsibility will be to establish routines, processes and guidelines that allow the Business Units to operate more efficiently and effectively. The Company invests hundreds of millions of dollars every year in sponsorship in order to meet the business demands and productivity targets. This role will directly report to the VP of Assets and Partnerships, and will have direct responsibility in governance and indirect management of over the global sponsorships investments of the Company.
Critical Responsibilities of the Team:
- Sponsorship Strategy: establish the future way the Company should use the associations with the Olympic Games and Football/Soccer globally to drive our business growth. Investigate other consumer passions that can positively impact the brands and business. The work is developed in close partnership with the Global Brand Teams and K&I.
- Governance: develop process for evaluation of new sponsorships and renewals at the local and global levels. Establish processes for the Senior Management to review and evaluate the Business Units initiatives. Align process for decision making. Establish routines for updating Senior Management.
- Tracking: launch the digital tool to track, evaluate and report global sponsorships. Once launched, manage the system, train global community and guarantee proper usage and accuracy of information.
- Return on Investment for Sponsorships: Develop a process to define the ROI for sponsorships in a simple and inexpensive way applicable to all sizes and shapes of contracts.
- Community Management: Establish the routines, manage the community calls, keep community informed, keep contacts updated, organize annual summits, and develop publication to share information across the System.
Experience / Education:
- 15 years of business experience.
- Good Finance knowledge.
- Good understanding of the international market. Travelled and culturally aware of differences and specificities across markets.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master desired.
- Direct Reports: 1 Director or Senior Manager
- Indirect Reports: agencies, project teams, contractors and interns
- Community Leadership: 200+ people working for sponsorships globally across all Business Units.
- International: 15% to 20%
- Domestic: 0 to 5%
- Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- Collaborate with System, Customers, and other Stakeholders: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- Act like an Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders.
- Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- Develop self and others: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
Function Specific Activities:
- Lead the development, approval, communication and stewardship of core sponsorship policies in order to ensure integrity at the local level.
- Delegate work assignments and tasks to appropriate individuals, providing sufficient direction so desired business outcomes can be achieved.
- Write short and/or long-term business plans identifying business objectives, strategies, key initiatives and performance measurements by using insights collected from situation assessment, marketplace information, etc. in order to support division/region portfolio and brand growth targets.
- Provide direct reports with leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills.
- Data Analysis/Interpretation: Ability to convert general data and findings into applied, specific information and suggestions that add value to business planning.
- Financial Analysis: Knowledge of and the ability to use basic financial analysis (e.g., Return on investment, Value Chain Analysis) related to marketing effectiveness, resource allocations and new business opportunities.
- Marketing Research Resources: Knowledge of industry (e.g., consumer, customer, fashion) research resources (e.g., attitude and usage, Nielsen, trend resources) and their application.
- Syndicated Sources: Knowledge of syndicated sources (e.g., AC Nielsen, IRI, CCT+, and Home Scan) used in the analysis of trended consumer and volume dynamics.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.