Company DescriptionCommon Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description Senior Director, Head of SEC Reporting Position Summary
Visa is seeking a motivated candidate for a Senior Director, Head of SEC Reporting on the Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting team, which is part of the Global Controllership organization. This is a management role with 3 direct reports on a team of 8, reporting to the Vice President, Assistant Corporate Controller. The Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting team is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of Visa's financial accounting and reporting and for setting policies to govern the proper accounting for all Visa's transactions under U.S. GAAP. This team works closely with Visa's senior management to assess the
accounting implications for Visa's core and emerging products, business initiatives and strategic alliances. The Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting team works in a collaborative manner and the ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, experience leading the SEC reporting function at a large public company, which is critical to the success of the team. Development opportunity to become a subject matter expert for all of Visa's critical accounting areas. Key Responsibilities
Qualifications Qualifications & Competencies:
- Oversee the preparation of quarterly reports (10-Q), annual reports (10-K) and other
required filings that include historical financial information.
- Collaborate with various personnel and departments to collect information and input into the above referenced reports; coordinate, review and collect comments on the various drafts; prepare support files; challenge the appropriateness of disclosures; complete all relevant disclosure checklists and reporting questionnaires.
- Maintain a formal quarterly reporting schedule, including Disclosure Committee review and Audit Committee reporting, and monitor progress against reporting cycle
- Manage earnings release process including ownership of financial schedules.
- Review/prepare various schedules for internal reporting requirements including the monthly Board package.
- Manage the external auditor relationship, including global auditor fees for approval by the Audit Committee.
- Oversee the review the detailed Xtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging of financial statements and footnotes.
- Incorporate and maintain sound processes and controls within the SEC Reporting function.
- Assist in the ongoing monitoring and interpretation of new SEC/GAAP, Regulatory pronouncements and review quarterly update to staff.
- Manage and support staff of 3 professionals and overall resource needs for the quarterly reporting cycle.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- Certified Public Accountant
- 10+ years of public and private industry experience, including 3+ years managing the SEC Reporting function at a large, public company
- Solid knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and XBRL. Workiva system experience preferred.
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to apply sound judgment in order to:
- facilitate problem identification;
- generate alternative solutions;
- adapt to changing situations; and
- manage issues to a successful resolution
- Ability to set and keep deadlines at a fast pace without losing accuracy.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills with extensive experience managing multiple complex assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including written and verbal communication, especially in developing positions and presenting to management, auditors, and non-accounting stakeholders.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.