The Sr Director, Infrastructure & Operations is responsible for enterprise infrastructure technology and solution architecture governance across North America. With a sound understanding of security, storage, virtualization, disaster recovery and business continuity, network, VoIP, SAP, mobile and web enabled applications, this thought leader will design, champion and deliver the transformation of foundational infrastructure and operations platforms to a more effective Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and resiliency. Establish a vision for the IT infrastructure aligned with Grainger Business/IT Strategy. The Sr Director, I & O will drive the roadmap to streamline, standardize and strengthen performance, reliability, robustness and scalability across the computing fabric.
By interacting across all lines of businesses and levels of the organization you will demonstrate exemplary communication and alignment building skills with the CIO, CFO, VP's, Directors and functional Business Leaders. By closely working with your peers in the application and data groups you will ensure that infrastructure, application and data architecture strategies are closely integrated. The Sr Director Infrastructure and Operations is not only technically competent, but also a hands on self-starter with strong communication, leadership and organizational development skills. Must be able to work with multiple project teams simultaneously and thrive in fast-paced dynamic environment.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Provide strategic direction to infrastructure Solution Architects and Engineers in support of Grainger's business objectives.
- Lead the IT infrastructure & Operations team to plan for, develop, deliver and support IT services and products to meet the needs of Grainger, covering both in-house and bought-in services.
- Improve Infrastructure Solutions for Critical Business Applications to ensure compliance to security, availability and technology standards.
- Design and enforce infrastructure standards and optimize savings through compliant procurement of approved products in collaboration with Enterprise Architects, tower leads and procurement.
- Collaborate with and champion Grainger Information Security principles.
- Formulate a long-term infrastructure roadmap and blueprint in partnership with Enterprise Architecture aligned with the company's strategic goals.
- A Master's degree in information technology, computer science, management or related field.
- 8+ years in a leadership role.
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure technologies, data center, server, virtualization, storage, network, voice, disaster recovery and SAP.
- Experience in information security.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure/platform services.
- Track record of success in mobility and end user computing such as BYOD and mobility experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated project management experience with geographically distributed teams in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to present recommended solutions clearly and concisely to executives.
- Proven experience as a business focused, change driven, and credible leader.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.