Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
About Innovation and Strategic Partnerships- Visa Ready
Visa's Innovation and Strategic Partnerships organization is responsible for managing Visa's innovation agenda and initiatives and the management of strategic partnerships with strategic non-financial institutions. Within the I & SP team the Visa Ready program is responsible for accelerating the commercialization of emerging payments technology and solutions, specifically:
- Simplifying the engagement, navigation and approval process
- Developing, communicating and distributing global standards in support of emerging technology and solutions
- Working with Issuers, Acquirers, Merchants, Technology Providers and System Integrators to accelerate the activation of payment solutions and programs
- Working globally with strategic Visa Ready partners to accelerate the electronification of payments
Current and emerging Visa Ready categories, Include:
- Internet of Things - IoT
- Mobile Point of sale- mPOS
- Biometric Authentication
- Visa Direct - Push Payments
- Visa Business solutions - B2B Payments
The Senior Director, Visa Ready TSP Business Development, is responsible for:
- Identifying, engaging and onboarding Token Service Providers (Visa Ready Partners) who are delivering the platform and services in support of token requesters
- In cooperation with The Token Requester-TSP's Identifying and engaging Consumer brands that want to integrate commerce into their products, but lack payments expertise or the need to control the entire payments experience. These clients will use our Token Service Providers (Visa Ready Partners) to stand up their payment solutions
- In cooperation with the Issuer-TSP's Identifying and engaging Issuers that want to connect to Visa Token services but don't have the need or desire to connect directly
- The role requires an experienced sales and business development professional who can identify and engage potential partners and support them through the Visa Ready approval process, whilst working closely with the various cross functional Visa teams who contribute to the process.
- The Senior Director will need to have a working knowledge of the evolving IOT space, its segments and participants.
The Innovation and Strategic Partnerships team works closely with Visa's Core Product and Digital Solutions teams as well as other internal stakeholders such as Processing, Legal, Risk, Finance and Marketing to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
- Assume business responsibility for the Visa Ready TSP partners globally
- Develop and manage the Visa Ready TSP pipeline ensuring global, regional and local coverage capable of delivering on Visa's tokenization promise
- Develop and execute customized account strategies, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share from each partner
- Continuously improve the program certification, approval and delivery process working with cross functional teams to ensure client focused excellence
- Consolidate existing relationships and expand Visa's reach within multiple parts of the partner organization and the utilization of Visa's products and services
- Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs with partners
- Report to and interact with senior management and executives to indicate the status of the partnership
- Implement short, medium and long-term strategic opportunities/products/services through excellent project management working with internal and client teams
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
- Lead the development of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and negotiate contractual relationships with strategic Visa Ready partners
- Continuously review client and market landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches that ensures that the client's business objectives are met as well as grow the Visa business
- Work within cross-functional teams (internal / external) that include representation from Marketing, Product, Digital, Innovation Centers, Operations, Market Research and Technology
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
- Support the IoT group in developing the overall group strategy
- A minimum 12 years' business development and management experience within technical payments
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing complex business contracts and managing the partnership through all stages
- Appropriate technical knowledge and exposure
- Proven record of implementing strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
- Global work experience
- Strategic thinker and challenger of the status quo
- Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups
- Ability to work within a complex and sometimes ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant parties
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA desirable
- Team oriented, ethical, empathetic, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.