The Senior Director, Brand Marketing is a critical member of the Naked Emerging Brands team and will lead the brand building efforts for Naked Juice, Naked and ONE Coconut Waters, and IZZE Sparkling Juice. The Naked Emerging Brands' mission is to nurture the future evolution of the PepsiCo Beverages portfolio by developing and growing a portfolio of premium, trend-forward, healthy beverage brands that generate incremental sources of revenue for PepsiCo. These premium, passion brands require unique strategies to win with consumers and in the market place. Emphasis is on growing the businesses the "right way", prioritizing profitable growth in the right places vs. sales at any cost and nurturing 1:1 relationships with our most loyal and passionate consumers through grass-roots marketing that brings the "heart and local" feeling of the brands to life. Purpose/Objective of Role:
The Senior Director, Brand Marketing will contribute to the value of the Naked Emerging Brands portfolio by leading brand building efforts across all brands. The critical general management experiences gained through this unique role positions the candidate for future growth within PepsiCo. Specific accountabilities are:
- Leads the brand equities/strategies across all brands.
- Partners with Consumer Insights and Business Analytics to lead the overall consumer and market insight process to keep at the leading edge of emerging consumer trends, need states and innovations relevant to our portfolio of brands.
- Develops the annual business and marketing plans for each brand.
- Executes all brand plans to achieve goals. Puts In place on-going measurement and evaluation of investments made based on ROI metrics.
- Executes the innovation funnel for each brand, successfully launching and commercializing new products.
- Develops powerful brand communications and engagement strategies with a strong emphasis on authentic, 1:1 local grassroots, digital/social and in-store activation.
- Leads & inspires agencies ensuring that they are strategically focused but creatively inspired to deliver great work.
- Owns the sustainability strategy and communication/engagement plan including positive steps made on product, packaging, and manufacturing.
- Partners with sales to oversee the development of customer specific programming that builds our brands with strategic customers
- Leads a total team of nine marketing professionals. Direct reports include: Marketing Director, Naked Juice; Senior Manager, IZZE/ONE; Senior Manager, Design/Creative Services; Marketing Coordinator. Integrates Brand Communications/PR Director and Current Business Consumer Insights Sr. Manager in the development of insights driven, holistic brand plans.
Qualifications/Requirements Critical Experiences/Background of Candidates to be considered:
- Key partner to each functional leader in the Naked Emerging Brands team and the Game Change Innovation team to develop comprehensive business strategies that support the brand
- Builds successful partnerships with other marketing, innovation, supply chain, sales and Legal/Regulatory within the company (Global R&D, Global Nutrition Group, North America Nutrition) on best practices and capabilities
- Leads external agency relationships, including advertising, digital, PR, grassroots, packaging, etc.
- Outstanding consumer marketing and brand equity building skills developed through 15+ years experience in consumer products marketing.
- Impeccable strategic thinking and the ability to envision the future. A good balance of creative and innovative thinking skills (intuition) coupled with the strategic, analytic and practical thinking skills required to get "real products to market" and run growing, profitable businesses.
- Proven ability to translate insights into winning marketing plans/actions with a demonstrated high degree of creativity to find new, compelling ways to reach and communicate to consumers. Skilled at running "passion brands" with Digital, grassroots, shopper marketing experience highly preferred.
- Strong communication, collaboration, influence and impact skills at all levels within an organization that demonstrates a high degree of executive maturity.
- Exceptional results orientation and team leadership skills - with a high degree of personal initiative and leadership in a lower resource environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and intellectual curiosity - experience in past entrepreneurial venture strongly preferred
- Personal passion for healthy, sustainable brands and values .
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA at top tier school preferred.
Eligible for Standard Relocation