As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
The Senior Director, Media Relations will drive development of T-Mobile's PR andcommunication strategy including key messages and tactical plans to support the organization's positioning and priorities. This key leader will focus on crisis communications/reputation management and media relations. The Senior Director is a key member of the Corporate Communications leadership team who will work with senior leaders to navigate through major initiatives.
While the quality and accomplishments of a person's career will be the determining
factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- 10-15 years in Corporate Communications and/or Public Relations at a PR agencyand/or in-house communications team.
- Expertise and broad experience in areas such as media, community, and investorin connection with issues management, crisis management, product publicity,and reputation management.
- Experience developing and leading communications strategy for dynamicorganizations that have experienced significant change (such as change inresponse to market conditions, regulatory environment, competition, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of media landscape and thorough knowledge of the needs ofdifferent media and communication tools for digital, print and broadcast.
- Possesses strong media relationships, especially within the advertising space.Experience leading communications strategy planning and execution, as well asbudgeting, creative solutions and agency management.
- Proven ability to communicate plans across a matrix on a corporate, regional andfunctional basis.
- Experienced working with/counseling senior-level leadership, and supportingchange management initiatives.
- Strong ability in leading, developing and nurturing a communications department.
- Exceptional writing abilities and presentation skills; a skilled lead spokesperson.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, PR or a related fieldis required.
PERSONALCHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Confident under extreme pressure
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude; does whatever it takes
- Customer focused
- Thrives in a fast-paced culture of change and innovation
- A strategic thinker; able to see how PR/social media impacts the overall business
- Strives to understand the business and its key drivers
- Effectively builds relationships
- A self-starter; takes initiative rather than waiting for direction
- Agile; ready to respond under high stress situations
- Able to build trust and confidently interact with executives, providing forthrightguidance and timely advice
- Excellent follow-through skills with a high sense of urgency
- An inspirational leader; has a passion for developing and motivating others
- Results oriented; takes pride in a high quality product
- Strong attention to detail
- Ambitious and driven to succeed
- Idea driven; has a history of anticipating issues; proactive and aggressive
- Takes pride in putting out fires and addressing unforeseen issues impacting theorganization on a daily basis
More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
Crisis / Reputation
- Lead the development and implementation of communications messages inresponse to issues or crisis management to enhance and protect relationshipswith stakeholders, customers and the general public. This includes issues relatedto HR/Labor, Legal/NAD, company website, and privacy and security.
- Seek out and obtain knowledge of specific focus areas of the business in order tomake messaging recommendations.
- Partner cross functionally to build communication strategies that enhance brandreputation and reinforce service leadership, change management and other keyinitiatives across critical internal and external stakeholders. This includesproactive and reactive management of the news media.
- Support senior management in navigating crises from a communicationsperspective.
- Develop and implement corporate media strategy to increase awareness andfavorability of T-Mobile in top tier media. Ensure alignment of priorities andmessaging.
- Responsible for effective media relations, including as it pertains to top stories,coverage reporting, coverage flagging, quarterly earnings media, and utilizationof the Truth Squad.
- Approve communication plans and messaging; edit and distributecommunications as needed.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
A little about us:
Being Magenta means something different to each of us, but whatever our role, we stand together behind the game-changing mission of Team Magenta.