we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Director of Advanced Analytics in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial
is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology
is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.Job Description:
As a functional role, this position leads the Advanced Analytics function and will be responsible for building out a central group of Marketing Sciences managers and leaders. The role must work across multiple functions (eg, Sales, Marketing, Market Access and Insight and Analytics) to balance the immediate demands with future capabilities needed to deliver the US Business strategy through measurement, resource optimization, innovative segmentations and solutions, and data sets. The Marketing Sciences Lead is accountable for providing leadership and strategic direction that delivers competitive advantage through the application of end to end analysis & insight, pioneering and embedding leading edge analytic techniques, and generating local market knowledge leading to superior resource allocation.
This role is reserved for someone with marketing and research experience who has deep quantitative technical skills combined with superior communication skills and proven functional team leadership success. As such, those who will qualify for this position are both technically sound and can be a proactive internal consultant, adding value to AstraZeneca's commercial organization beyond their analytical prowess through their understanding of secondary data, industry knowledge, and track record of innovative and impactful decision support.Key Responsibilities:
- Establishes the vision for the Marketing Science function aligned with the business/TA strategy.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction across Marketing Science functional areas including, marketing analytics, and sales force analytics.
- Own the learning and development pathways and career paths for both deployed and central team members.
- Develops and implements world-class analytics capabilities across multiple therapeutic areas.
Assesses novel methodologies and technologies to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of measurement and resource optimization.
- Coaches and delivers effective performance to direct and indirect reports creating a supportive work environment where everyone has the opportunity to fulfill their potential.
- Develop a deep understanding of internal customers' data and analytical needs focusing on the Customer Facing Model leadership for both persona and non-personal tactics.
- Champion the use of local customer insight in strategic and resourcing decisions across the NA organization.
- Develop innovative analytical practices to create and sustain competitive advantage (e.g., Influence model).
- Capability in applying deeper technical skills and knowledge that is shared across the functional area (e.g., deep knowledge of key data sets, modeling capabilities, etc.).
- Ensure process and analytic resources are in place to establish KPI's, measures, and return on marketing investments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Quantitative Field (Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Math)
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech Commercial experience, in roles of increasing accountability.
- Functional expertise in Market Research, Business Insights, and Marketing Analytics.
- Prior people management experience in a Market Research/Analytical setting
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- Advanced Degree.
- Prior experience in other areas of analytics (e.g. Forecasting, Promotional Response).
- Demonstrated success implementing and maintaining novel analytics methodologies.
- Knowledge of the AZ business planning process.
- Experience managing external partners and vendors.
- Thought leader on current capability building best practice.
- Proven capability in influencing a diverse network of senior leaders and stakeholders.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.