The Senior Director of Marketing OTC GFO NA is a key
strategic leadership role within the Global Franchise Organization (GFO). This
is a pivotal role at the intersection of the global need state strategy and
local brand relevance and implementation. This position reports
into the Global OTC Franchise President and will be based in New Brunswick,
The OTC business plan is to become #1 leader in each
of our core need states: Pain, Cough Cold, Digestive Health, Allergy and
Smoking Cessation. To accomplish this we will focus on aggressively
growing our business through deep consumer insights to expand our equities into
high incidence conditions and developing innovative products.
The Senior Director will be responsible for:
- Serving on the Global Franchise Leadership Team
(GFLT) and working with the GFLT to develop the global need state
- Lead development of the regional strategic plan
in line with the global strategy.
- Crystallize regional and local insight to
influence global initiatives and innovation for each brand within the need
state to drive relevance.
- Lead Regional Franchise Leadership Team (RFLT),
with deep understanding & alignment to Region Strategies, Tactics &
- Have close partnership with Commercial
- Be responsible for strategic direction of brands
to ensure a holistic strategy within the region.
- Communication between local Market and
- Represents and reinforces Global Vision &
Strategy for Need States and Brands within Region.
- Represents and informs Global team of Local
Market nuances, needs & competitive environment.
- Lead Region project team to implement
- Partner with region supply chain / PMO to
implement regional initiatives.
- Roll-up regional content needs and influence
global content toolkit and production.
- Lead content production for specific initiatives
- Lead the development and implementation of the
growth model for all brands within the need states for the region.
The Senior Director will ensure regional alignment for
all plans including: deployment and adoption of the global playbooks and visual
identity for the brands and ensure a strong partnership with the global Content
and Innovation leaders to ensure regional input is included in global
design. He or she will develop transferable success models across
countries, transferring learnings and best practices globally in partnership
with the Global Franchise Leadership Team. In addition, this person will
have responsibility for a team of marketers on the Franchise team and will play
a leadership role in talent management and succession planning for the
- A BA degree is required. Master in
business or marketing specialization preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience
in setting a vision and executing in a similar integrated brand leadership role
within a consumer packaged goods organization or consumer healthcare,
preferably with a breadth of functional and/or industry experience is
- Experience marketing in a digital world, (i.e.,
social media, e-commerce, analytics, on-line) is required.
- Experience working in a global organization and
collaborating with regional groups is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of people development
and leadership is required.
- Experience leading in a matrix environment and
cross functional teams is required.
- Experience in successful partnership with
R&D organizations to develop innovative products supported by specific and
relevant brand messaging is required.
- Demonstrated financial acumen in making
effective business decisions is required.
- Experience in providing marketing thought
leadership—taking consumer insight to drive thinking and decisions is
- Demonstrated skill in executing and delivering
brand leadership in a similar integrated brand leadership role is
- Proven success in working with an agency and
drawing upon other external interfaces such as social media and digital
marketing to both understand the space and drive effective brand decisions
specific and relevant brand messaging is required.
- Proven record in project management (preferably
at global/regional level) is required.
- Ability to travel is required.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.