Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
Process Owner, Onboarding & Plan Change – Senior Director
Charlotte, NC; Dallas, NC; Denver, CO
The Process Owner, Onboarding and Plan Change, will work on the TechOps Strategy & Performance Management team within Institutional Retirement Plan Services (IRPS) visualizing the ideal state for the Onboarding and Plan Change processes, establishing that vision for our leaders and teams, and ensuring successful execution of that vision. Process Ownership is tasked with improving the end to end experience by transforming the business and driving to outcomes for our customers (clients/plan sponsors, participants, consultants, internal teams, leadership) through rigorous business process management and innovative thinking. The Process Owner is a strategic leader ensuring our processes are efficient, effective, and performing optimally. She / he will sponsor strategic technology projects, continuous improvement initiatives and will lead significant change to meet our future state.
• Establishes and directs the future state vision for the Onboarding and Plan Change processes.
• Determines the capabilities required to deliver the future state vision.
• Must collaborate with business leads to ensure strategic alignment and sponsorship.
• Identifies and sponsors opportunities for improvement through the use of data.
• Champions Change Management and ensures adoption.
• Shares and promotes process performance; is responsible for “moving the needle” in terms of optimizing KPIs.
• Shepherds the shift to full automation.
• Owns any changes to the process, whether technology related or people/process, KPIs, and all planning to achieve future state.
• Acts as a Sponsor and Subject Matter Expert on Onboarding and Plan Change processes.
• Manages stakeholders and partners across the organization.
• Baselines current state process performance; establishes a metrics strategy and provides vision for effective and actionable KPIs and dashboard.
• Drives down unit costs, enhances quality and customer satisfaction, reduces cycle times and touch times and minimizes risk throughout the processes.
• Assembles and owns any business cases for strategic funding related to the Onboarding & Plan Change processes; presents case(s) for funding approvals.
• 5+ years Retirement Services industry experience
• 10+ years Project Management and Process Work experience
• 3+ years practicing Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt
• 5+ years’ experience working with data including changing data in to recommendations and identifying impacts
• BA/BS , MBA or Masters
• PMP Certification
• Experience specific to Institutional Plan Changes, Administrative Outsourced Services, or Onboarding Institutional Recordkeeping Clients
• Change Management or Change leadership experience strongly preferred
• Ability to articulate performance and quantify impacts
• Strong influence and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with strategic planning and authoring business cases
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.