About the Group
TH Real Estate, an operating division of TIAA Global Asset Management, is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world with c.$97bn in AUM. Managing a suite of nearly 80 funds and mandates spanning both debt and equity across diverse geographies, sectors, investment styles and vehicle types, we provide access to every aspect of real estate investing. With offices in 18 cities throughout the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific, over 450 professionals and 60 years of investing experience, the platform offers impressive local expertise coupled with a sophisticated global perspective.
Our investment, asset management and corporate strategies grow from a deep understanding of the structural trends that we believe will shape the future of real estate and responsible investing beyond market cycles. This ‘Tomorrow’s World’ approach sits at the core of our investment process and business operations, informing our long-term view of real estate investments for the enduring benefit of both clients and society. www.threalestate.com
TH Real Estate seeks to hire a Sr. Director or Director of office and industrial investments to oversee our investments and asset management for our Southeast Region team based in Miami, Florida. He or she shall have a focus on our Texan portfolio and potential investments.
On the investment activities, the candidate will keep and enhance a network which will facilitate access to investment opportunities. He or she will manage the investment process until inception. On the asset management front, he or she will contribute to enhance the values and returns of the assets under his/her direct responsibility.
The position will coordinate with analysts / associates to support investment and management activities and will hold responsibility for the training and direction of those resources. More broadly, the incumbent will contribute to the growth of the Southeast Region as well as to the growth of our junior team members
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Source and introduce to relevant clients equity business space investment opportunities (direct or through JVs) with a focus on the major Texan cities.
• Direct production and present underwritings, investment memorandums and related documentation.
• Support client needs until closing.
• Direct and coordinate deals due diligence, documentation and closing.
• Report to the Head of the office regularly on pipeline and investment activities.
• Keep Company Research team up to date with local market trends and topics – ensure relevant data bases are created and maintained.
• Production, presentation and follow up (on every quarterly forecast) of yearly Business Plan on assigned portfolio setting out the short, medium and long term plans.
• Ongoing Management related to,
- Leasing activity
- Rent Management activity
- Building Management activity
• To review and report on the existing asset management systems and procedures.
• Valuation: Provide the required basic data to valuers; ensure the valuers assumptions are in line with the market conditions.
• Liaise upon all the above effectively with the various Client teams.
• BA Degree required.
• Must have 3 to 6 years of experience in offices and industrial Investment and / or Asset Management and demonstrate a passion to work with us.
• Strong Network in the Southeast region, specifically Texas.
• Must be highly motivated and capable of working independently.
• Must be prepared to travel regularly
• Must be computer literate with particular emphasis on Argus, Excel and PowerPoint for performance analysis, scrutiny and presentation.
• Strong analytical skill set
• Excellent report writing skills with keen attention to detail
• Experience managing external providers, for instance those handling outsourced asset management.
• Fluent English, Spanish a plus
• MBA / CFA a plus
• Team player with excellent negotiation and presentation skills
• A high level of motivation
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.